nvidia gforce 1050ti problems

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sirstabbybeard

nvidia gforce 1050ti problems

Post by sirstabbybeard »

this may have been fixed already though i have been looking for a week or so. i have run into a problem that seems to be a common issue with linux and nvidia though i cannot find a solution after a week of trying. I did a fresh install of Linux mint cinnamon 19 on my computer backed up my files and nuked my ssd. I installed the drivers for my GPU, modified my grub to blacklist nouveau and modprod. i can boot the machine with one two or three monitors connected. when i connect the 4th monitor while on the desktop it works though it has that terrible black bars behind it sometimes. i am able to configure the desktop the way i want however when i reboot with the 4th monitor connected it goes through post and when it goes to load the OS i get a black screen and a cursor in the corner. i have found several forums mentioning this problem and have tried several things to fix it. i might be reading or missing a step or maybe this is a problem that cant be fixed till nvidia or mint updates something. i am booting in legacy mode. at least i am pretty sure i am. i have hit a wall and need some help hopeing someone might be able to give me some advice or something. i am running it with just 3 monitors for now but what is the point of having this awesome card if i cant use its entire resources. please note when i had mint 18.3 running all 4 monitors worked great. i know i can go back to 18.3 for now and try 19 again later but that is lameish. i want to run 19 if i can.

computer specs
gigabyte gpa-ud3h rev 2,1 MOboard
AMD Phenom 2 X6 1055T processor
Nvidia gforce GTX 1050ti 4GB GPU
16 GB kingston ram
kingston 120GB ssd
corsair h80i liquid cooler
claro halo sound card

thanks in advance for the help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”