Splash screen looks different. Is this a problem? (SOLVED)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Prsman
Level 4
Level 4

Splash screen looks different. Is this a problem? (SOLVED)

Post by Prsman »

Hi, I had a problem getting the Nvidia driver to install but I got it installed and it works fine. Now the Mint splash screen ( with the dots) on boot and shutdown are a different resolution. Problem? Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DAMIEN1307

Re: Is this a problem?

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

you failed to mention just what is different about the resolution, for all we know, once you got everything running ok with nvidia, that changed resolution could be a normal resolution...DAMIEN
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

DAMIEN1307 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:14 pm you failed to mention just what is different about the resolution...
It's either higher or lower. In either case, the fix is the same.
Last edited by catweazel on Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Prsman wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:12 pm Hi, I had a problem getting the Nvidia driver to install but I got it installed and it works fine. Now the Mint splash screen ( with the dots) on boot and shutdown are a different resolution. Problem? Thanks
I wouldn't worry about it. It's probably a grub setting that needs changing to rectify the resolution change. It won't affect anything else so I wouldn't worry unless it annoys you too much.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Prsman
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Splash screen looks different. Is this a problem?

Post by Prsman »

Thanks for the replies. It doesn't affect the computer in any way so I will look at grub to see if there is a simple fix. Why it got changed, who knows.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”