Linux Mint 19 on NUC8I7HNK2 (hades canyon)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
albergriento

Linux Mint 19 on NUC8I7HNK2 (hades canyon)

Post by albergriento »

Hi!
I recently bougth an intel NUC8I7HNK2 and I'm having some trouble to have linux mint fully working on it.
With Linux Mint 19 works almost fine, wifi drivers, soundcard and the ports are completly working.
I'm having trouble with the graphics card. The card is an amd radeon rx vega m gl. This card is integrated with de intel CPU so the drivers (just for Windows) are avaialabe on intel website.
So I read that this chip will be suport with the kernel 4.18, but I've tried to install it with ukuu tool and the computer boot to a black screen (even booting in nomodeset). I'm currently runing on 4.15.0-33-generic and I have to boot in nomodeset, but as I don't have the GPU drivers I can't use more than one monitor and the system is running in software rendering mode.

All kind of help will be really appreciate.

Thank you for your time :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Linux Mint 19 on NUC8I7HNK2 (hades canyon)

Post by deepakdeshp »

If listed in the database below, it gives the compatibility with Mint.
https://community.linuxmint.com/hardware
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
albergriento

Re: Linux Mint 19 on NUC8I7HNK2 (hades canyon)

Post by albergriento »

I just succeeded installing Linux Mint 19 on the nuc. I have to install manually the 4.19 kernel version and other things. I found all the info here: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2400400
You can even run a script that is provided there and everything works fine.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”