2 different nvidia graphics cards (please help)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
linuxnoob1581

2 different nvidia graphics cards (please help)

Post by linuxnoob1581 »

I have to graphic cards in my computer a 1050ti and a 950. I install the nvidia propitiatory driver and restarted my pc. then my monitor connected to the 950 wont display a signal. i opened nvidia x server settings and it was detecting the monitor but i said Disabled. i tryed to get it work but it just said new x display or something like that. need help please.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
roblm
Level 15
Level 15

Re: 2 different nvidia graphics cards (please help)

Post by roblm »

If you have only two monitors, then it's best to connect both to the same video card, if you want to use the Nvidia driver.

Otherwise, if you want to use both video cards, open Nvidia Settings. This works better with Mint Xfce or Mate, not Cinnamon.
Select the monitor that is disabled and select New X screen. Ignore the message and click Apply what is possible.
Then click the Advanced button. The Xinerama option should now be visible, so select it and click Apply. Ignore the message. Click Save to X config file. If nothing shows in the window, then type /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

Log out and back in. If there are any problems, then use this command in the Terminal and post the output: inxi -SMCGx
linuxnoob1581

Re: 2 different nvidia graphics cards (please help)

Post by linuxnoob1581 »

it doesn't work it just displayed /dev/sda2: clean,1885295/7299072 files, 2562655/29175296 blocks

on two of my monitors.

I can't even boot to recovery mode for some reason I'm going to do a reinstall

please help

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”