After some time, my graphics cards will not play x265 video on any player eexcept for sound

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fruitkiller

After some time, my graphics cards will not play x265 video on any player eexcept for sound

Post by fruitkiller »

It takes a long time, but sometimes the screen will have a kind of slight glitch that's hard to describe and then reading x265/HEVC videos on any player.

a couple weeks ago I that same desktop with the same 2 cards connected with Crossfire and I had to be in win7 for a week and nope, everything's alright, hadn't been there in a while and had tons of updates and updates for the cards drivers as well. That glitch never happened while in win7, I find that very strange, it does rule out the card being broken though.

I don't get it at all here and I hate rebooting for a reason like this. :|
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
fruitkiller

Re: After some time, my graphics cards will not play x265 video on any player eexcept for sound

Post by fruitkiller »

Yep, a reboot is necessary after mining monero for me, it will start with small glitches when starting a video to not being able to play x265 video until I reboot that machine and its 2 graphics cards. I guess it's a solved issue although it isn't really solved. Better than anything physical breaking down.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: After some time, my graphics cards will not play x265 video on any player eexcept for sound

Post by Hoser Rob »

Sounds like overheating to me, esp. if it happens after bitcoin mining. Post the text results of inxi -Fxz from the terminal.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”