Having trouble setting a refresh rate to 144Hz <SOLVED>

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TOSTERBROD

Having trouble setting a refresh rate to 144Hz <SOLVED>

Post by TOSTERBROD »

Hello, I'm new to the os and linux in general, my monitor supports 144Hz and in windows I could change it in the display setting, however here I cannot. I also tried changing it through nvidia x server setting but didn't find that option either.

details:
monitor: AOC G2460P
GPU: NVIDIA geforce gtx 980ti
I know that others have posted similar issues but I didn't really understand the instructions and I would really appreciate If you'd help me.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Tim09

Re: Having trouble setting a refresh rate to 144Hz

Post by Tim09 »

Actually NVIDIA X Server Settings worked for me:

The frequency is set up as "Auto" on default, so i selected "144 Hz". Then i pressed the "Apply" Button, saved the changes to the X Configuration File and left NV Settings. If you reboot and notice that the frequency is again 60 Hz, do the same procedure again and then go into the Display settings and just click "Apply". This did the trick for me to save my setup.
Last edited by Moem on Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Using the [rimg] tags (for remote images) makes your image appear directly inside the post.
TOSTERBROD

Re: Having trouble setting a refresh rate to 144Hz

Post by TOSTERBROD »

Tim09 wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:59 am Actually NVIDIA X Server Settings worked for me:

The frequency is set up as "Auto" on default, so i selected "144 Hz". Then i pressed the "Apply" Button, saved the changes to the X Configuration File and left NV Settings. If you reboot and notice that the frequency is again 60 Hz, do the same procedure again and then go into the Display settings and just click "Apply". This did the trick for me to save my setup.
Thank you so much for your help!
nex01
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Having trouble setting a refresh rate to 144Hz <SOLVED>

Post by nex01 »

its still going back to 144hz after reboot...
any idea to make it permanent?
roblm
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Having trouble setting a refresh rate to 144Hz <SOLVED>

Post by roblm »

nex01,

Would you start your own topic and include some additional info. Open the Termianal and use these commands and post the output: inxi -SMCGx and xrandr --prop

What is the brand and model number of the monitor, and how is it connected, including any adapter or switch.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”