I'm running Mint 19, XFCE 64 bits on my HP ProBook 430 G3.
Previously on Mint 18 XFCE I was using HDMI to connect to external monitors. Even if audio didn't work, the graphics was fine and I was able to choose between "Extend to the right" and "Mirror screens" by using "Configure new displays when connected" option of "Display" setting without any problems.
After the upgrade to Mint 19 (which performed correctly) a strange thing happens whenever I try to connect to any external displays.
My local Mint screen is in the upper left part of the laptop display, and the rest is black. The external display is messed-up in a similar manner.
Moreover when I click somewhere on the screen, the click happens in a point of the screen that I am not pointing with the mouse. After some trial I discovered that the click is shifted up by some inches. So in order to click in a point I have to move the mouse below the actual point.
The only way to make the external display work is to configure my display as Primary and selecting Mirror screen. In this way I obtain a correct mirror display. But I have to do this with the strange coordinates shift and the "Extend to the right" option is lost.
I tried with kernels 4.15 and 4.18 but nothing changed.
Is this an already detected issue?
Here is the output of inxi -Fxz
Code: Select all
System: Host: andrea-hp Kernel: 4.18.11-041811-generic x86_64 bits: 64 gcc: 8.2.0 Desktop: Xfce 4.12.3 (Gtk 2.24.31) Distro: Linux Mint 19 Tara Machine: Device: laptop System: HP product: HP ProBook 430 G3 serial: N/A Mobo: HP model: 80FF v: KBC Version 16.20 serial: N/A UEFI [Legacy]: HP v: N78 Ver. 01.05 date: 12/02/2015 Battery BAT0: charge: 27.9 Wh 80.8% condition: 34.6/34.6 Wh (100%) model: Hewlett-Packard Primary status: Discharging CPU: Dual core Intel Core i7-6500U (-MT-MCP-) arch: Skylake rev.3 cache: 4096 KB flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx) bmips: 10368 clock speeds: max: 3100 MHz 1: 1675 MHz 2: 930 MHz 3: 1310 MHz 4: 1290 MHz Graphics: Card: Intel HD Graphics 520 bus-ID: 00:02.0 Display Server: x11 (X.Org 1.19.6 ) drivers: modesetting (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: email@example.com OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics 520 (Skylake GT2) version: 4.5 Mesa 18.0.5 Direct Render: Yes Audio: Card Intel Sunrise Point-LP HD Audio driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 00:1f.3 Sound: ALSA v: k4.18.11-041811-generic Network: Card-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCIE Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver: r8169 v: 2.3LK-NAPI port: 3000 bus-ID: 01:00.0 IF: eth0 state: down mac: <filter> Card-2: Intel Wireless 3165 driver: iwlwifi bus-ID: 02:00.0 IF: wlan0 state: up mac: <filter> Drives: HDD Total Size: 500.1GB (35.1% used) ID-1: /dev/sda model: ST500LM000 size: 500.1GB Partition: ID-1: / size: 337G used: 164G (52%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda4 RAID: No RAID devices: /proc/mdstat, md_mod kernel module present Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 38.5C mobo: 0.0C Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A Info: Processes: 218 Uptime: 20 min Memory: 1356.9/7872.7MB Init: systemd runlevel: 5 Gcc sys: 7.3.0 Client: Shell (bash 4.4.191) inxi: 2.3.56