Problems with Mint 17.3 and Nvidia GTX 1050 [SOLVED]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
martasanz34

Problems with Mint 17.3 and Nvidia GTX 1050 [SOLVED]

Post by martasanz34 »

Hi,
I got a new computer, an ASUS GL503VD-GZ359T with an integrated Intel card and a Nvidia GTX 1050 card. I tried to install linux mint versions 19 and 18 from a bootable USB, but I was unable, as I could hear the sound linux makes when it starts but I could see nothing.
Finally, I was able to install Mint 17.3. After the log in I get a message "Executing in software rendering mode:Cinnamon is being executed without hardware video acceleration, and there could be a higher CPU use than usual. There could be a problem with your drivers or any other problem. For an optimal working, it is recommended to use this mode only for troubleshooting"The problem now is that I can only get a screen resolution of 600x800.

I tried to install the drivers recommended for my card from Nvidia page (410.66 version), but after rebooting I get a message saying that cinnamon got a fatal error and it's in recovery mode and it must be restarted. The same happened when I followed this tutorial :
https://sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/12
I've also tried to use the nouveau drivers getting the "executing in software rendering mode" message again. Any idea of what I can do?
This is what inxi -Fxznr returns, in case it can help.

[/System: Host: marta-GL503VD Kernel: 3.19.0-32-generic x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 4.8.2)
Desktop: Cinnamon 2.8.8 (Gtk 3.10.8~8+qiana)
Distro: Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa
Machine: Mobo: ASUSTeK model: GL503VD v: 1.0
Bios: American Megatrends v: GL503VD.305 date: 10/16/2017
CPU: Quad core Intel Core i7-7700HQ (-HT-MCP-) cache: 6144 KB
flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx) bmips: 22454
clock speeds: max: 2801 MHz 1: 800 MHz 2: 800 MHz 3: 800 MHz
4: 800 MHz 5: 900 MHz 6: 800 MHz 7: 800 MHz 8: 2800 MHz
Graphics: Card-1: Intel Device 591b bus-ID: 00:02.0
Card-2: NVIDIA Device 1c8d bus-ID: 01:00.0
Display Server: X.Org 1.17.1 drivers: nvidia,fbdev,intel,nouveau (unloaded: vesa)
Resolution: 800x600@75.0hz
GLX Renderer: N/A GLX Version: N/A Direct Rendering: N/A
Audio: Card Intel Device a171 driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 00:1f.3
Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k3.19.0-32-generic
Network: Card-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
driver: r8169 v: 2.3LK-NAPI port: d000 bus-ID: 02:00.0
IF: eth0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter>
Card-2: Intel Device 24fd bus-ID: 04:00.0
IF: N/A state: N/A speed: N/A duplex: N/A mac: N/A
Drives: HDD Total Size: 1128.2GB (0.6% used)
ID-1: /dev/sda model: HFS128G39TND size: 128.0GB
ID-2: /dev/sdb model: HGST_HTS721010A9 size: 1000.2GB
Partition: ID-1: / size: 58G used: 6.3G (12%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sdb3
ID-2: swap-1 size: 0.51GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sdb2
RAID: No RAID devices: /proc/mdstat, md_mod kernel module present
Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 53.0C mobo: N/A
Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A
Repos: Active apt sources in file: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/graphics-drivers-ppa-trusty.list
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/graphics-drivers/ppa/ubuntu trusty main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/graphics-drivers/ppa/ubuntu trusty main
Active apt sources in file: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list
deb http://ftp.cixug.es/mint/packages rosa main upstream import
deb http://extra.linuxmint.com rosa main
deb http://es-mirrors.evowise.com/ubuntu trusty main restricted universe multiverse
deb http://es-mirrors.evowise.com/ubuntu trusty-updates main restricted universe multiverse
deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-security main restricted universe multiverse
deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/ trusty partner
Info: Processes: 213 Uptime: 6 min Memory: 1165.4/15932.3MB
Init: Upstart runlevel: 2 Gcc sys: 4.8.4
Client: Shell (bash 4.3.111) inxi: 2.2.28

Thank you very much for your help.
Last edited by martasanz34 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
roblm
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Problems with Mint 17.3 and Nvidia GTX 1050

Post by roblm »

EDITED: The problem was solved by the OP by installing Ubuntu, so you're wasting your time reading this topic.

martasanz34 wrote:I tried to install the drivers recommended for my card from Nvidia page (410.66 version)
Was the Nvidia driver downloaded from Nvidia’s website?

Where did you purchase the laptop; was it from some foreign store’s website?

What is the output of using this command: mokutil --sb-state
Last edited by roblm on Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
martasanz34

Post by martasanz34 »

Hi, roblm, thanks for your help;
roblm wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:41 pm Where did you purchase the laptop; was it from some foreign stores’s website?
I'm from Spain, so I bought the computer in a quite famous Spanish store.
roblm wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:41 pm Was the Nvidia driver downloaded from Nvidia’s website?
Regarding the Nvidia driver 410.66, yes, I downloaded it from the Nvidia webpage, (I had tried before version 384 from the Driver manager and it didn't work). After the error message appeared, I uninstalled it and installed version 410.66 from PPA graphics-drivers, with the same result.
roblm wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:41 pm What is the output of using this command: mokutil --sb-state
The output is

Code: Select all

SecureBoot disabled
I disabled it before booting from the installation USB.
Any clue about What might be happening?
roblm
Level 15
Level 15

Post by roblm »

Installing the Nvidia driver from Nvidia’s website for your laptop with hybrid graphics (intel+nvidia) is only OK if you plan on only using the Nvidia GPU. If won’t work correctly if you switch to the Intel GPU, because that particular Nvidia driver installation will overwrite the Intel OpenGL libraries.

I suggest removing the Nvidia driver in the virtual console tty1 by adding a space and then --uninstall to the Nvidia driver .run file. If you answered YES to having an xorg.conf file created during the installation, then you need to answer YES during the uninstallation when asked if you want that file removed. Finally, you will need to remove the nvidia-installer-disable-nouveau.conf using this command: sudo rm /etc/modprobe.d/nvidia-installer-disable-nouveau.conf

Then use this command to update the initial ramdisk and reboot: sudo update-initramfs -u; reboot

When you get to the desktop, post the outout of these commands:

dpkg -l | grep -i nvidia
ls /etc/X11 
ls /etc/modprobe.d
How did you remove the nvidia-384 and nvidia-driver-410 drivers before installing the downloaded Nvidia driver or did you even try removing them?

You also have the option of doing a re-installation.
martasanz34

Post by martasanz34 »

roblm wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:31 pm Installing the Nvidia driver from Nvidia’s website for your laptop with hybrid graphics (intel+nvidia) is only OK if you plan on only using the Nvidia GPU. If won’t work correctly if you switch to the Intel GPU, because that particular Nvidia driver installation will overwrite the Intel OpenGL libraries.
I was aware of this, I've had a laptop with hybrid graphic card before and I used Bumblebee and primus. Every time I upgraded to a newer distribution it took several days trying to fix the graphics. This time , I thought it would be easier to work just with the nvidia, since I use linux mostly to run programs which require high rendering power.
roblm wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:31 pm I suggest removing the Nvidia driver in the virtual console tty1 by adding a space and then --uninstall to the Nvidia driver .run file. If you answered YES to having an xorg.conf file created during the installation, then you need to answer YES during the uninstallation when asked if you want that file removed.
I had already done this part
roblm wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:31 pm Finally, you will need to remove the nvidia-installer-disable-nouveau.conf using this command: sudo rm /etc/modprobe.d/nvidia-installer-disable-nouveau.conf
It says the file or folder doesn't exist.
roblm wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:31 pm Then use this command to update the initial ramdisk and reboot: sudo update-initramfs -u; reboot

When you get to the desktop, post the outout of these commands:

dpkg -l | grep -i nvidia
ls /etc/X11 
ls /etc/modprobe.d

marta@marta-GL503VD ~ $ dpkg -l | grep -i nvidia
ii  bbswitch-dkms                               0.7-2ubuntu1                                        amd64        Interface for toggling the power on nVidia Optimus video cards
rc  libcuda1-384                                384.130-0ubuntu0.14.04.1                            amd64        NVIDIA CUDA runtime library
marta@marta-GL503VD ~ $ ls /etc/X11 
app-defaults             rgb.txt  Xreset      Xsession          xsm
default-display-manager  xinit    Xreset.d    Xsession.d        Xwrapper.config
fonts                    xkb      Xresources  Xsession.options
marta@marta-GL503VD ~ $ ls /etc/modprobe.d
alsa-base.conf              blacklist-modem.conf         fbdev-blacklist.conf
blacklist-ath_pci.conf      blacklist-oss.conf           iwlwifi.conf
blacklist.conf              blacklist-rare-network.conf  mlx4.conf
blacklist-firewire.conf     blacklist-watchdog.conf      vmwgfx-fbdev.conf
blacklist-framebuffer.conf  dkms.conf
marta@marta-GL503VD ~ $ 

roblm wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:31 pm How did you remove the nvidia-384 and nvidia-driver-410 drivers before installing the downloaded Nvidia driver or did you even try removing them?
I did a

sudo apt-get purge nvidia*
before installing anything new
roblm wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:31 pm You also have the option of doing a re-installation.
What do you mean? Reinstalling again the Nvidia drivers or the linux distro?
roblm
Level 15
Level 15

Post by roblm »

martasanz34 wrote:What do you mean? Reinstalling again the Nvidia drivers or the linux distro?
Reinstall Mint. Mint 17 is only supported until 2019. You were not able to boot the Mint Installation USB for Mint 18 and 19. Did you see the Welcome screen with the menu? If yes, diid you try the suggestions in these Release Notes:
https://www.linuxmint.com/rel_tara_cinnamon.php

Try using nomodeset first and then try these steps if that fails:
Try with "nouveau.noaccel=1" instead of "nomodeset".
Try with "noapic noacpi nosplash irqpoll" instead of "quiet splash".
Use the "Compatibility mode" to boot and install Linux Mint.
I will add to those options but first go into the BIOS and check if there is a setting named VT-d. It should be enabled. Then try using the parameters noacpi nolapic

martasanz34 wrote: (I had tried before version 384 from the Driver manager and it didn't work). After the error message appeared, I uninstalled it and installed version 410.66 from PPA graphics-drivers, with the same result.
What was the error message and did you get a black screen or were you able to get to the desktop?
martasanz34

Post by martasanz34 »

roblm wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:49 am
Try using nomodeset first and then try these steps if that fails:
Try with "nouveau.noaccel=1" instead of "nomodeset".
Try with "noapic noacpi nosplash irqpoll" instead of "quiet splash".
Use the "Compatibility mode" to boot and install Linux Mint.
I will add to those options but first go into the BIOS and check if there is a setting named VT-d. It should be enabled. Then try using the parameters noacpi nolapic
Vt -d is enabled in the bios. These are the results I get:
-Regular installation :black screen after linux sign with the green dots dancing
-"nomodeset": I get letters, and then black screen.
-"nouveau.noaccel=1”: letters and then black screen.
-"noapic noacpi nosplash irqpoll": letters and then black screen.
.compatibility mode: letters and then a black screen

With "noveau.noaccel=1","noapic noacpi nosplash irqpoll" and compatibility mode, if I plug a screen via HDMI I can see letters even though without it the laptop screen had turned black.
Letters basically say " watchdog: BUG: soft lockup-CPU#(a number) stuck for 22s!
roblm wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:49 am What was the error message and did you get a black screen or were you able to get to the desktop?
The error message was :cinnamon has recovered from a fatal error and it's in recovery mode and it must be restarted. I was able to get to the desktop, but a very weird one, without the menu and everything in a different place.
roblm
Level 15
Level 15

Post by roblm »

martasanz34 wrote: With "noveau.noaccel=1","noapic noacpi nosplash irqpoll" and compatibility mode, if I plug a screen via HDMI I can see letters even though without it the laptop screen had turned black.
Letters basically say " watchdog: BUG: soft lockup-CPU#(a number) stuck for 22s!
You didn’t mention that you tried using the noacpi nolapic parameters, but try it out because nolapic only lets one CPU core run.
martasanz34

Post by martasanz34 »

roblm wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:47 am You didn’t mention that you tried using the noacpi nolapic parameters, but try it out because nolapic only lets one CPU core run.
Sorry I thought it was a part of the long line you used before, I didn't realize there was a difference.
Now,I've used them and in the laptop screen it turns black, in the HDMI plugged screen the last line you can read is "Started Load/Save Screen Backlight Brightness or backlight:intel_backlight." Then, it does nothing, the screen continues like that for minutes. :(
roblm
Level 15
Level 15

Post by roblm »

This was supposed to be added to my previous post:
martasanz34 wrote:I was able to get to the desktop, but a very weird one, without the menu and everything in a different place.
Was the icon for installing Mint still visible, and if it was, did you try clicking it to start the installation?
martasanz34

Post by martasanz34 »

roblm wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:00 am This was supposed to be added to my previous post:
martasanz34 wrote:I was able to get to the desktop, but a very weird one, without the menu and everything in a different place.
Was the icon for installing Mint still visible, and if it was, did you try clicking it to start the installation?

Sorry, but I think we are mixing things up. When I could see the weird desktop was when I had Nvidia 410.66 drivers installed in version 17.3( the one I was able to install but not make the graphics work fine), not trying to install version 19.
roblm
Level 15
Level 15

Post by roblm »

Try usning these parameters with the Mint 18 or 19 Installation USB:
noacpi nolapic acpi_osi=Linux and noacpi nolapic acpi_osi=Linux vga=733

If that doesn’t help and you want to continue troubleshooting why Mint 18 and 19 won’t install, then I suggest starting a new topic in the Installation & Boot forum.

If you want to continue with the existing Mint 17.3 installation, then try installing the nvidia-384 driver again in the Terminal:
sudo apt install nvidia-prime nvidia-prime-applet nvidia-384 nvidia-settings

Reboot and at the GRUB boot menu select the correct line but don’t press Enter. Press the “E” key to edit. If no menu shows, then hold down the shift key while starting. Use the Down arrow key to go down to the line that starts with:
linux /boot/vmlinuz.............ro quiet splash $vt_handoff

Go to the end of the line. Add a space and then add this kernel parameter: nomodeset

Press F10 to start your system. If that doesn’t help, then reboot and repeat the steps using these parameters:
nomodeset noacpi pci=nomsi and acpi_osi=! acpi_osi='Windows 2009'

If that doesn’t help, then try pressing Ctrl+Alt+F1 to enter the virtual console tty1. Use these commands, which will send the output to .txt files in your Home directory:

dpkg -l | grep -i nvidia > dpkg.txt
ls /etc/modprobe.d > modprobe.txt
dmesg > dmesg.txt
cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log > xorg.txt
To get to the desktop, use this command to switch to the Intel GPU and reboot: sudo prime-select intel; reboot

Post the output of the 4 .txt files and also post the output of this command:
ls /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/char/drm
martasanz34

Post by martasanz34 »

roblm wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:53 pm Try usning these parameters with the Mint 18 or 19 Installation USB:
noacpi nolapic acpi_osi=Linux and noacpi nolapic acpi_osi=Linux vga=733
They didn't work, I could only see letters, as before.
roblm wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:53 pmIf that doesn’t help and you want to continue troubleshooting why Mint 18 and 19 won’t install, then I suggest starting a new topic in the Installation & Boot forum.
I thinkI prefer to have first 17.3 version running. If then I can install a newer version,great, but I need the computer for work and I want to have at least something as soon as possible.
roblm wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:53 pm If you want to continue with the existing Mint 17.3 installation, then try installing the nvidia-384 driver again in the Terminal:
sudo apt install nvidia-prime nvidia-prime-applet nvidia-384 nvidia-settings

Reboot and at the GRUB boot menu select the correct line but don’t press Enter. Press the “E” key to edit. If no menu shows, then hold down the shift key while starting. Use the Down arrow key to go down to the line that starts with:
linux /boot/vmlinuz.............ro quiet splash $vt_handoff

Go to the end of the line. Add a space and then add this kernel parameter: nomodeset

Press F10 to start your system. If that doesn’t help, then reboot and repeat the steps using these parameters:
nomodeset noacpi pci=nomsi and acpi_osi=! acpi_osi='Windows 2009'
None of them worked. In all three cases I could enter the weird linux desktop and I got a message saying:serious internal error. In recovery mode. Reboot cinnamon?
roblm wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:53 pm If that doesn’t help, then try pressing Ctrl+Alt+F1 to enter the virtual console tty1. Use these commands, which will send the output to .txt files in your Home directory:

dpkg -l | grep -i nvidia > dpkg.txt
ls /etc/modprobe.d > modprobe.txt
dmesg > dmesg.txt
cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log > xorg.txt
To get to the desktop, use this command to switch to the Intel GPU and reboot: sudo prime-select intel; reboot

Post the output of the 4 .txt files and also post the output of this command:
The results are:
dpkg

ii  bbswitch-dkms                               0.7-2ubuntu1                                        amd64        Interface for toggling the power on nVidia Optimus video cards
rc  libcuda1-384                                384.130-0ubuntu0.14.04.1                            amd64        NVIDIA CUDA runtime library
ii  nvidia-384                                  384.130-0ubuntu0.14.04.1                            amd64        NVIDIA binary driver - version 384.130
ii  nvidia-prime                                0.6.2.1linuxmint1                                   amd64        Tools to enable NVIDIA's Prime
ii  nvidia-prime-applet                         1.0.3                                               all          An applet for NVIDIA Prime
ii  nvidia-settings                             331.20-0ubuntu8                                     amd64        Tool for configuring the NVIDIA graphics driver
dmesg

[    0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset
[    0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
[    0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuacct
[    0.000000] Linux version 3.19.0-32-generic (buildd@lgw01-43) (gcc version 4.8.2 (Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1) ) #37~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Oct 22 09:41:40 UTC 2015 (Ubuntu 3.19.0-32.37~14.04.1-generic 3.19.8-ckt7)
[    0.000000] Command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.19.0-32-generic root=UUID=1671b33b-67cf-47d4-b1aa-59bf7467484c ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7 acpi osi=! acpi "osi=Windows 2009"
[    0.000000] KERNEL supported cpus:
[    0.000000]   Intel GenuineIntel
[    0.000000]   AMD AuthenticAMD
[    0.000000]   Centaur CentaurHauls
[    0.000000] e820: BIOS-provided physical RAM map:
[    0.000000] BIOS-e820: [mem 0x0000000000000000-0x0000000000057fff] usable
[    0.000000] BIOS-e820: [mem 0x0000000000058000-0x0000000000058fff] reserved
[    0.000000] BIOS-e820: [mem 0x0000000000059000-0x000000000009dfff] usable
[    0.000000] BIOS-e820: [mem 0x000000000009e000-0x00000000000fffff] reserved
[    0.000000] BIOS-e820: [mem 0x0000000000100000-0x0000000066152fff] usable
[    0.000000] BIOS-e820: [mem 0x0000000066153000-0x0000000066153fff] ACPI NVS
[    0.000000] BIOS-e820: [mem 0x0000000066154000-0x0000000066154fff] reserved
[    0.000000] BIOS-e820: [mem 0x0000000066155000-0x0000000079c59fff] usable
[    0.000000] BIOS-e820: [mem 0x0000000079c5a000-0x000000007ad87fff] reserved
[    0.000000] BIOS-e820: [mem 0x000000007ad88000-0x000000007adcdfff] ACPI data
[    0.000000] BIOS-e820: [mem 0x000000007adce000-0x000000007ae63fff] ACPI NVS
[    0.000000] BIOS-e820: [mem 0x000000007ae64000-0x000000007b334fff] reserved
[    0.000000] BIOS-e820: [mem 0x000000007b335000-0x000000007b3fdfff] type 20
[    0.000000] BIOS-e820: [mem 0x000000007b3fe000-0x000000007b3fefff] usable
[    0.000000] BIOS-e820: [mem 0x000000007b3ff000-0x000000007fffffff] reserved
[    0.000000] BIOS-e820: [mem 0x00000000e0000000-0x00000000efffffff] reserved
[    0.000000] BIOS-e820: [mem 0x00000000fe000000-0x00000000fe010fff] reserved
[    0.000000] BIOS-e820: [mem 0x00000000fec00000-0x00000000fec00fff] reserved
[    0.000000] BIOS-e820: [mem 0x00000000fed00000-0x00000000fed00fff] reserved
[    0.000000] BIOS-e820: [mem 0x00000000fee00000-0x00000000fee00fff] reserved
[    0.000000] BIOS-e820: [mem 0x00000000ff000000-0x00000000ffffffff] reserved
[    0.000000] BIOS-e820: [mem 0x0000000100000000-0x000000047effffff] usable
[    0.000000] Malformed early option 'acpi'
[    0.000000] Malformed early option 'acpi'
[    0.000000] NX (Execute Disable) protection: active
[    0.000000] efi: EFI v2.60 by American Megatrends
[    0.000000] efi:  ACPI 2.0=0x7ad96000  ACPI=0x7ad96000  SMBIOS=0x7b282000  SMBIOS 3.0=0x7b281000  ESRT=0x76c8ec98 
[    0.000000] esrt: Reserving ESRT space from 0x0000000076c8ec98 to 0x0000000076c8ecd0.
[    0.000000] SMBIOS 3.0 present.
[    0.000000] e820: update [mem 0x00000000-0x00000fff] usable ==> reserved
[    0.000000] e820: remove [mem 0x000a0000-0x000fffff] usable
[    0.000000] AGP: No AGP bridge found
[    0.000000] e820: last_pfn = 0x47f000 max_arch_pfn = 0x400000000
[    0.000000] MTRR default type: write-back
[    0.000000] MTRR fixed ranges enabled:
[    0.000000]   00000-9FFFF write-back
[    0.000000]   A0000-BFFFF uncachable
[    0.000000]   C0000-FFFFF write-protect
[    0.000000] MTRR variable ranges enabled:
[    0.000000]   0 base 0080000000 mask 7F80000000 uncachable
[    0.000000]   1 base 007C000000 mask 7FFC000000 uncachable
[    0.000000]   2 base 007B800000 mask 7FFF800000 uncachable
[    0.000000]   3 disabled
[    0.000000]   4 disabled
[    0.000000]   5 disabled
[    0.000000]   6 disabled
[    0.000000]   7 disabled
[    0.000000]   8 disabled
[    0.000000]   9 disabled
[    0.000000] PAT configuration [0-7]: WB  WC  UC- UC  WB  WC  UC- UC  
[    0.000000] e820: last_pfn = 0x7b3ff max_arch_pfn = 0x400000000
[    0.000000] Scanning 1 areas for low memory corruption
[    0.000000] Base memory trampoline at [ffff880000098000] 98000 size 24576
[    0.000000] Using GB pages for direct mapping
[    0.000000] init_memory_mapping: [mem 0x00000000-0x000fffff]
[    0.000000]  [mem 0x00000000-0x000fffff] page 4k
[    0.000000] BRK [0x02fd4000, 0x02fd4fff] PGTABLE
[    0.000000] BRK [0x02fd5000, 0x02fd5fff] PGTABLE
[    0.000000] BRK [0x02fd6000, 0x02fd6fff] PGTABLE
[    0.000000] init_memory_mapping: [mem 0x47ee00000-0x47effffff]
[    0.000000]  [mem 0x47ee00000-0x47effffff] page 2M
[    0.000000] BRK [0x02fd7000, 0x02fd7fff] PGTABLE
[    0.000000] init_memory_mapping: [mem 0x460000000-0x47edfffff]
[    0.000000]  [mem 0x460000000-0x47edfffff] page 2M
[    0.000000] init_memory_mapping: [mem 0x440000000-0x45fffffff]
[    0.000000]  [mem 0x440000000-0x45fffffff] page 2M
[    0.000000] init_memory_mapping: [mem 0x00100000-0x66152fff]
[    0.000000]  [mem 0x00100000-0x001fffff] page 4k
[    0.000000]  [mem 0x00200000-0x65ffffff] page 2M
[    0.000000]  [mem 0x66000000-0x66152fff] page 4k
[    0.000000] init_memory_mapping: [mem 0x66155000-0x79c59fff]
[    0.000000]  [mem 0x66155000-0x661fffff] page 4k
[    0.000000]  [mem 0x66200000-0x79bfffff] page 2M
[    0.000000]  [mem 0x79c00000-0x79c59fff] page 4k
[    0.000000] BRK [0x02fd8000, 0x02fd8fff] PGTABLE
[    0.000000] init_memory_mapping: [mem 0x7b3fe000-0x7b3fefff]
[    0.000000]  [mem 0x7b3fe000-0x7b3fefff] page 4k
[    0.000000] BRK [0x02fd9000, 0x02fd9fff] PGTABLE
[    0.000000] init_memory_mapping: [mem 0x100000000-0x43fffffff]
[    0.000000]  [mem 0x100000000-0x43fffffff] page 1G
[    0.000000] RAMDISK: [mem 0x343f2000-0x361f0fff]
[    0.000000] ACPI: Early table checksum verification disabled
[    0.000000] ACPI: RSDP 0x000000007AD96000 000024 (v02 _ASUS_)
[    0.000000] ACPI: XSDT 0x000000007AD960C0 0000FC (v01 _ASUS_ Notebook 01072009 AMI  00010013)
[    0.000000] ACPI: FACP 0x000000007ADC0960 000114 (v06 _ASUS_ Notebook 01072009 AMI  00010013)
[    0.000000] ACPI BIOS Warning (bug): FADT (revision 6) is longer than ACPI 5.0 version, truncating length 276 to 268 (20141107/tbfadt-396)
[    0.000000] ACPI: DSDT 0x000000007AD96248 02A715 (v02 _ASUS_ Notebook 01072009 INTL 20160422)
[    0.000000] ACPI: FACS 0x000000007AE33F00 000040
[    0.000000] ACPI: APIC 0x000000007ADC0A78 0000BC (v03 _ASUS_ Notebook 01072009 AMI  00010013)
[    0.000000] ACPI: FPDT 0x000000007ADC0B38 000044 (v01 _ASUS_ Notebook 01072009 AMI  00010013)
[    0.000000] ACPI: FIDT 0x000000007ADC0B80 00009C (v01 _ASUS_ Notebook 01072009 AMI  00010013)
[    0.000000] ACPI: MCFG 0x000000007ADC0C20 00003C (v01 _ASUS_ Notebook 01072009 MSFT 00000097)
[    0.000000] ACPI: SSDT 0x000000007ADC0C60 000359 (v01 SataRe SataTabl 00001000 INTL 20160422)
[    0.000000] ACPI: MSDM 0x000000007ADC0FC0 000055 (v03 _ASUS_ Notebook 01072009 ASUS 00000001)
[    0.000000] ACPI: SSDT 0x000000007ADC1018 003147 (v02 SaSsdt SaSsdt   00003000 INTL 20160422)
[    0.000000] ACPI: SSDT 0x000000007ADC4160 0029BF (v02 PegSsd PegSsdt  00001000 INTL 20160422)
[    0.000000] ACPI: HPET 0x000000007ADC6B20 000038 (v01 INTEL  KBL      00000001 MSFT 0000005F)
[    0.000000] ACPI: UEFI 0x000000007ADC6B58 000042 (v01 _ASUS_ Notebook 00000002      01000013)
[    0.000000] ACPI: SSDT 0x000000007ADC6BA0 000EDE (v02 CpuRef CpuSsdt  00003000 INTL 20160422)
[    0.000000] ACPI: LPIT 0x000000007ADC7A80 000094 (v01 INTEL  KBL     
modprobe

alsa-base.conf
blacklist-ath_pci.conf
blacklist.conf
blacklist-firewire.conf
blacklist-framebuffer.conf
blacklist-modem.conf
blacklist-oss.conf
blacklist-rare-network.conf
blacklist-watchdog.conf
dkms.conf
fbdev-blacklist.conf
iwlwifi.conf
mlx4.conf
nvidia-384_hybrid.conf
nvidia-graphics-drivers.conf
vmwgfx-fbdev.conf
Xorg

[    19.664] 
X.Org X Server 1.17.1
Release Date: 2015-02-10
[    19.664] X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
[    19.664] Build Operating System: Linux 3.19.0-28-generic x86_64 Ubuntu
[    19.664] Current Operating System: Linux marta-GL503VD 3.19.0-32-generic #37~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Oct 22 09:41:40 UTC 2015 x86_64
[    19.664] Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.19.0-32-generic root=UUID=1671b33b-67cf-47d4-b1aa-59bf7467484c ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7 acpi osi=! acpi "osi=Windows 2009"
[    19.664] Build Date: 11 September 2015  10:33:14AM
[    19.664] xorg-server 2:1.17.1-0ubuntu3.1~trusty1 (For technical support please see http://www.ubuntu.com/support) 
[    19.664] Current version of pixman: 0.30.2
[    19.664] 	Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
	to make sure that you have the latest version.
[    19.664] Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
	(++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
	(WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
[    19.664] (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Sun Oct 21 19:47:01 2018
[    19.732] (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
[    19.839] (==) No Layout section.  Using the first Screen section.
[    19.839] (==) No screen section available. Using defaults.
[    19.839] (**) |-->Screen "Default Screen Section" (0)
[    19.839] (**) |   |-->Monitor "<default monitor>"
[    19.839] (==) No monitor specified for screen "Default Screen Section".
	Using a default monitor configuration.
[    19.839] (==) Automatically adding devices
[    19.839] (==) Automatically enabling devices
[    19.839] (==) Automatically adding GPU devices
[    19.839] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic" does not exist.
[    19.839] 	Entry deleted from font path.
[    19.839] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/" does not exist.
[    19.839] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/" does not exist.
[    19.839] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi" does not exist.
[    19.839] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi" does not exist.
[    19.839] (==) FontPath set to:
	/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc,
	/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1,
	built-ins
[    19.839] (==) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xorg/extra-modules,/usr/lib/xorg/extra-modules,/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
[    19.839] (II) The server relies on udev to provide the list of input devices.
	If no devices become available, reconfigure udev or disable AutoAddDevices.
[    19.839] (II) Loader magic: 0x7f6b28ba3c60
[    19.839] (II) Module ABI versions:
[    19.839] 	X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.4
[    19.839] 	X.Org Video Driver: 19.0
[    19.839] 	X.Org XInput driver : 21.0
[    19.839] 	X.Org Server Extension : 9.0
[    19.839] (II) xfree86: Adding drm device (/dev/dri/card0)
[    19.840] (--) PCI:*(0:0:2:0) 8086:591b:1043:1bb0 rev 4, Mem @ 0xdd000000/16777216, 0xb0000000/268435456, I/O @ 0x0000f000/64
[    19.840] (--) PCI: (0:1:0:0) 10de:1c8d:1043:1bb0 rev 161, Mem @ 0xde000000/16777216, 0xc0000000/268435456, 0xd0000000/33554432, I/O @ 0x0000e000/128, BIOS @ 0x????????/524288
[    19.840] (WW) "glamoregl" will not be loaded unless you've specified it to be loaded elsewhere.
[    19.840] (II) "glx" will be loaded by default.
[    19.840] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
[    19.840] (II) Loading /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xorg/extra-modules/libglx.so
[    22.854] (II) Module glx: vendor="NVIDIA Corporation"
[    22.854] 	compiled for 4.0.2, module version = 1.0.0
[    22.854] 	Module class: X.Org Server Extension
[    23.051] (II) NVIDIA GLX Module  384.130  Wed Mar 21 02:54:48 PDT 2018
[    23.051] (==) Matched nvidia as autoconfigured driver 0
[    23.051] (==) Matched nouveau as autoconfigured driver 1
[    23.051] (==) Matched intel as autoconfigured driver 2
[    23.051] (==) Matched modesetting as autoconfigured driver 3
[    23.051] (==) Matched fbdev as autoconfigured driver 4
[    23.051] (==) Matched vesa as autoconfigured driver 5
[    23.051] (==) Assigned the driver to the xf86ConfigLayout
[    23.051] (II) LoadModule: "nvidia"
[    23.051] (II) Loading /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xorg/extra-modules/nvidia_drv.so
[    23.052] (II) Module nvidia: vendor="NVIDIA Corporation"
[    23.052] 	compiled for 4.0.2, module version = 1.0.0
[    23.052] 	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[    23.052] (II) LoadModule: "nouveau"
[    23.052] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nouveau_drv.so
[    23.159] (II) Module nouveau: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.159] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 1.0.11
[    23.159] 	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[    23.159] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 19.0
[    23.159] (II) LoadModule: "intel"
[    23.159] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so
[    23.483] (II) Module intel: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.483] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 2.99.917
[    23.483] 	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[    23.483] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 19.0
[    23.483] (II) LoadModule: "modesetting"
[    23.483] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/modesetting_drv.so
[    23.483] (II) Module modesetting: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.483] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 1.17.1
[    23.483] (II) LoadModule: "fbdev"
[    23.483] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fbdev_drv.so
[    23.483] (II) Module fbdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.483] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 0.4.4
[    23.483] (II) LoadModule: "vesa"
[    23.483] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/vesa_drv.so
[    23.483] (II) Module vesa: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.483] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 2.3.3
[    23.483] (II) NVIDIA dlloader X Driver  384.130  Wed Mar 21 02:29:29 PDT 2018
[    23.483] (II) NVIDIA Unified Driver for all Supported NVIDIA GPUs
[    23.483] (II) NOUVEAU driver Date:   Thu Aug 28 03:57:48 2014 +0200
[    23.483] (II) NOUVEAU driver for NVIDIA chipset families :
[    23.483] 	RIVA TNT        (NV04)
[    23.483] 	RIVA TNT2       (NV05)
[    23.483] 	GeForce 256     (NV10)
[    23.483] 	GeForce 2       (NV11, NV15)
[    23.483] 	GeForce 4MX     (NV17, NV18)
[    23.483] 	GeForce 3       (NV20)
[    23.483] 	GeForce 4Ti     (NV25, NV28)
[    23.483] 	GeForce FX      (NV3x)
[    23.483] 	GeForce 6       (NV4x)
[    23.484] 	GeForce 7       (G7x)
[    23.484] 	GeForce 8       (G8x)
[    23.484] 	GeForce GTX 200 (NVA0)
[    23.484] 	GeForce GTX 400 (NVC0)
[    23.484] (II) intel: Driver for Intel(R) Integrated Graphics Chipsets:
	i810, i810-dc100, i810e, i815, i830M, 845G, 854, 852GM/855GM, 865G,
	915G, E7221 (i915), 915GM, 945G, 945GM, 945GME, Pineview GM,
	Pineview G, 965G, G35, 965Q, 946GZ, 965GM, 965GME/GLE, G33, Q35, Q33,
	GM45, 4 Series, G45/G43, Q45/Q43, G41, B43
[    23.484] (II) intel: Driver for Intel(R) HD Graphics: 2000-6000
[    23.484] (II) intel: Driver for Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics: 5100, 6100
[    23.484] (II) intel: Driver for Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics: 5200, 6200, P6300
[    23.484] (II) modesetting: Driver for Modesetting Kernel Drivers: kms
[    23.484] (II) FBDEV: driver for framebuffer: fbdev
[    23.484] (II) VESA: driver for VESA chipsets: vesa
[    23.484] (++) using VT number 8

[    23.485] (EE) [drm] KMS not enabled
[    23.497] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for modesetting
[    23.497] (II) Loading sub module "fbdevhw"
[    23.497] (II) LoadModule: "fbdevhw"
[    23.545] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfbdevhw.so
[    23.545] (II) Module fbdevhw: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.545] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 0.0.2
[    23.545] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 19.0
[    23.545] (**) FBDEV(1): claimed PCI slot 0@0:2:0
[    23.545] (II) FBDEV(1): using default device
[    23.545] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for vesa
[    23.546] (EE) Screen 0 deleted because of no matching config section.
[    23.546] (II) UnloadModule: "modesetting"
[    23.546] (II) FBDEV(0): Creating default Display subsection in Screen section
	"Default Screen Section" for depth/fbbpp 24/32
[    23.546] (==) FBDEV(0): Depth 24, (==) framebuffer bpp 32
[    23.546] (==) FBDEV(0): RGB weight 888
[    23.546] (==) FBDEV(0): Default visual is TrueColor
[    23.546] (==) FBDEV(0): Using gamma correction (1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
[    23.546] (II) FBDEV(0): hardware: EFI VGA (video memory: 1920kB)
[    23.546] (II) FBDEV(0): checking modes against framebuffer device...
[    23.546] (II) FBDEV(0): checking modes against monitor...
[    23.546] (--) FBDEV(0): Virtual size is 800x600 (pitch 800)
[    23.546] (**) FBDEV(0):  Built-in mode "current": 48.0 MHz, 46.9 kHz, 75.1 Hz
[    23.546] (II) FBDEV(0): Modeline "current"x0.0   48.00  800 832 928 1024  600 604 608 624 -hsync -vsync -csync (46.9 kHz b)
[    23.546] (==) FBDEV(0): DPI set to (96, 96)
[    23.546] (II) Loading sub module "fb"
[    23.546] (II) LoadModule: "fb"
[    23.546] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfb.so
[    23.546] (II) Module fb: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.546] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 1.0.0
[    23.546] 	ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
[    23.546] (**) FBDEV(0): using shadow framebuffer
[    23.546] (II) Loading sub module "shadow"
[    23.546] (II) LoadModule: "shadow"
[    23.546] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libshadow.so
[    23.546] (II) Module shadow: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.546] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 1.1.0
[    23.546] 	ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
[    23.546] (II) UnloadModule: "vesa"
[    23.546] (II) Unloading vesa
[    23.546] (==) Depth 24 pixmap format is 32 bpp
[    23.546] (EE) FBDEV(0): FBIOBLANK: Invalid argument
[    23.546] (==) FBDEV(0): Backing store enabled
[    23.546] (==) FBDEV(0): DPMS enabled
[    23.546] (==) RandR enabled
[    23.612] (EE) Failed to initialize GLX extension (Compatible NVIDIA X driver not found)
[    23.616] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B20D7FC79C7F597315E3E501AEF10E0D866E8E92.xkm
[    23.736] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Power Button (/dev/input/event3)
[    23.736] (**) Power Button: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    23.736] (II) LoadModule: "evdev"
[    23.736] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/evdev_drv.so
[    23.920] (II) Module evdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.920] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 2.9.0
[    23.920] 	Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
[    23.920] 	ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 21.0
[    23.920] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Power Button'
[    23.920] (**) Power Button: always reports core events
[    23.920] (**) evdev: Power Button: Device: "/dev/input/event3"
[    23.920] (--) evdev: Power Button: Vendor 0 Product 0x1
[    23.920] (--) evdev: Power Button: Found keys
[    23.920] (II) evdev: Power Button: Configuring as keyboard
[    23.920] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXPWRBN:00/input/input3/event3"
[    23.920] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Power Button" (type: KEYBOARD, id 6)
[    23.920] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    23.920] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    23.920] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "es"
[    23.921] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-FFBD4FDC8093CCB415CD73029FDA64F4B077A3E7.xkm
[    23.921] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Power Button (/dev/input/event1)
[    23.921] (**) Power Button: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    23.921] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Power Button'
[    23.921] (**) Power Button: always reports core events
[    23.921] (**) evdev: Power Button: Device: "/dev/input/event1"
[    23.921] (--) evdev: Power Button: Vendor 0 Product 0x1
[    23.921] (--) evdev: Power Button: Found keys
[    23.921] (II) evdev: Power Button: Configuring as keyboard
[    23.921] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0C:00/input/input1/event1"
[    23.922] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Power Button" (type: KEYBOARD, id 7)
[    23.922] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    23.922] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    23.922] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "es"
[    23.922] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Lid Switch (/dev/input/event2)
[    23.922] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[    23.922] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[    23.922] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Sleep Button (/dev/input/event0)
[    23.922] (**) Sleep Button: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    23.922] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Sleep Button'
[    23.922] (**) Sleep Button: always reports core events
[    23.922] (**) evdev: Sleep Button: Device: "/dev/input/event0"
[    23.922] (--) evdev: Sleep Button: Vendor 0 Product 0x3
[    23.922] (--) evdev: Sleep Button: Found keys
[    23.922] (II) evdev: Sleep Button: Configuring as keyboard
[    23.922] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0E:00/input/input0/event0"
[    23.922] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Sleep Button" (type: KEYBOARD, id 8)
[    23.922] (II) config/udev: Adding input device DKTEK 2.4G RX (/dev/input/event5)
[    23.922] (**) DKTEK 2.4G RX: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    23.922] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'DKTEK 2.4G RX'
[    23.922] (**) DKTEK 2.4G RX: always reports core events
[    23.922] (**) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Device: "/dev/input/event5"
[    23.922] (--) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Vendor 0xe8f Product 0xa4
[    23.922] (--) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Found keys
[    23.922] (II) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Configuring as keyboard
[    23.922] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-2/1-2:1.0/0003:0E8F:00A4.0001/input/input7/event5"
[    23.922] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "DKTEK 2.4G RX" (type: KEYBOARD, id 9)
[    23.923] (II) config/udev: Adding input device DKTEK 2.4G RX (/dev/input/event6)
[    23.923] (**) DKTEK 2.4G RX: Applying InputClass "evdev pointer catchall"
[    23.923] (**) DKTEK 2.4G RX: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    23.923] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'DKTEK 2.4G RX'
[    23.923] (**) DKTEK 2.4G RX: always reports core events
[    23.923] (**) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Device: "/dev/input/event6"
[    23.923] (--) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Vendor 0xe8f Product 0xa4
[    23.923] (--) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Found 9 mouse buttons
[    23.923] (--) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Found scroll wheel(s)
[    23.923] (--) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Found relative axes
[    23.923] (--) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Found x and y relative axes
[    23.923] (--) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Found absolute axes
[    23.923] (II) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Forcing absolute x/y axes to exist.
[    23.923] (--) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Found keys
[    23.923] (II) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Configuring as mouse
[    23.923] (II) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Configuring as keyboard
[    23.923] (II) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Adding scrollwheel support
[    23.923] (**) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
[    23.923] (**) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
[    23.923] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-2/1-2:1.1/0003:0E8F:00A4.0002/input/input8/event6"
[    23.923] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "DKTEK 2.4G RX" (type: KEYBOARD, id 10)
[    23.923] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    23.923] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    23.923] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "es"
[    23.923] (II) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: initialized for relative axes.
[    23.923] (WW) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: ignoring absolute axes.
[    23.923] (**) DKTEK 2.4G RX: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
[    23.923] (**) DKTEK 2.4G RX: (accel) acceleration profile 0
[    23.923] (**) DKTEK 2.4G RX: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[    23.923] (**) DKTEK 2.4G RX: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
[    23.923] (II) config/udev: Adding input device DKTEK 2.4G RX (/dev/input/mouse0)
[    23.923] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[    23.923] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[    23.923] (II) config/udev: Adding input device USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam (/dev/input/event11)
[    23.923] (**) USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    23.923] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam'
[    23.923] (**) USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: always reports core events
[    23.923] (**) evdev: USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Device: "/dev/input/event11"
[    23.923] (--) evdev: USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Vendor 0x13d3 Product 0x5666
[    23.923] (--) evdev: USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Found keys
[    23.923] (II) evdev: USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Configuring as keyboard
[    23.923] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-7/1-7:1.0/input/input13/event11"
[    23.923] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam" (type: KEYBOARD, id 11)
[    23.923] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    23.923] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    23.923] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "es"
[    23.924] (II) config/udev: Adding input device ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910) (/dev/input/event7)
[    23.924] (**) ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    23.924] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910)'
[    23.924] (**) ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): always reports core events
[    23.924] (**) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Device: "/dev/input/event7"
[    23.924] (--) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Vendor 0xb05 Product 0x1869
[    23.924] (--) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Found 20 mouse buttons
[    23.924] (--) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Found scroll wheel(s)
[    23.924] (--) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Found relative axes
[    23.924] (II) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Forcing relative x/y axes to exist.
[    23.924] (--) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Found absolute axes
[    23.924] (--) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Found absolute multitouch axes
[    23.924] (--) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Found keys
[    23.924] (II) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Configuring as mouse
[    23.924] (II) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Configuring as keyboard
[    23.924] (II) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Adding scrollwheel support
[    23.924] (**) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
[    23.924] (**) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
[    23.924] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-8/1-8:1.0/0003:0B05:1869.0003/input/input9/event7"
[    23.924] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910)" (type: KEYBOARD, id 12)
[    23.924] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    23.924] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    23.924] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "es"
[    23.924] (II) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): initialized for relative axes.
[    23.924] (WW) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): ignoring absolute axes.
[    23.924] (**) ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
[    23.924] (**) ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): (accel) acceleration profile 0
[    23.924] (**) ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[    23.924] (**) ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
[    23.924] (II) config/udev: Adding input device HDA Intel Headphone (/dev/input/event9)
[    23.924] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[    23.924] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[    23.924] (II) config/udev: Adding input device HDA Intel HDMI/DP,pcm=3 (/dev/input/event10)
[    23.924] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[    23.924] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[    23.925] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Asus WMI hotkeys (/dev/input/event8)
[    23.925] (**) Asus WMI hotkeys: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    23.925] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Asus WMI hotkeys'
[    23.925] (**) Asus WMI hotkeys: always reports core events
[    23.925] (**) evdev: Asus WMI hotkeys: Device: "/dev/input/event8"
[    23.925] (--) evdev: Asus WMI hotkeys: Vendor 0 Product 0
[    23.925] (--) evdev: Asus WMI hotkeys: Found keys
[    23.925] (II) evdev: Asus WMI hotkeys: Configuring as keyboard
[    23.925] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/platform/asus-nb-wmi/input/input10/event8"
[    23.925] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Asus WMI hotkeys" (type: KEYBOARD, id 13)
[    23.925] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    23.925] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    23.925] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "es"
[    23.925] (II) config/udev: Adding input device AT Translated Set 2 keyboard (/dev/input/event4)
[    23.925] (**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    23.925] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'AT Translated Set 2 keyboard'
[    23.925] (**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: always reports core events
[    23.925] (**) evdev: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Device: "/dev/input/event4"
[    23.925] (--) evdev: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Vendor 0x1 Product 0x1
[    23.925] (--) evdev: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Found keys
[    23.925] (II) evdev: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Configuring as keyboard
[    23.925] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio0/input/input4/event4"
[    23.925] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "AT Translated Set 2 keyboard" (type: KEYBOARD, id 14)
[    23.925] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    23.925] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    23.925] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "es"
[    23.927] (EE) FBDEV(0): FBIOBLANK: Invalid argument
[    35.487] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-4968D24C59EB905E8B3DE6B1AD4DB0BD19C330FF.xkm
[    35.489] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm
[    35.494] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm
[    35.496] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm
[    35.497] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm
[    35.498] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm
[    35.499] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm
[    35.501] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm
[    35.502] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm
[    35.503] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm
[    35.505] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm
[    35.506] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm
[    35.508] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm
and the last command

nvidia_384_drm.ko  nvidia_384.ko  nvidia_384_modeset.ko  nvidia_384_uvm.ko
roblm
Level 15
Level 15

Post by roblm »

Use this command: ls /etc/X11

You should see one or more files that start with xorg.conf and have a date added at the end; for example: xorg.conf10212018

Open each file and post the output; for example: xed /etc/X11/xorg.conf10212018

Also, you forgot to add the underscores after acpi for this parameter, which I now notice are easy to miss:
acpi_osi=! acpi_osi='Windows 2009'

The log file shows this line:

[    0.000000] Command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.19.0-32-generic root=UUID=1671b33b-67cf-47d4-b1aa-59bf7467484c ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7 acpi osi=! acpi "osi=Windows 2009"
martasanz34

Post by martasanz34 »

roblm wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:22 pm Also, you forgot to add the underscores
I'd swear I put it, but maybe I missed it. In case it affects the logs, here are the new ones after using the right command:
dmesg: I attach the file because it's longer than the limit of characters allowed

dpkg

ii  nvidia-384                                  384.130-0ubuntu0.14.04.1                            amd64        NVIDIA binary driver - version 384.130
ii  nvidia-prime                                0.6.2.1linuxmint1                                   amd64        Tools to enable NVIDIA's Prime
ii  nvidia-prime-applet                         1.0.3                                               all          An applet for NVIDIA Prime
ii  nvidia-settings                             331.20-0ubuntu8                                     amd64        Tool for configuring the NVIDIA graphics driver
modprobe

ase.conf
blacklist-ath_pci.conf
blacklist.conf
blacklist-firewire.conf
blacklist-framebuffer.conf
blacklist-modem.conf
blacklist-oss.conf
blacklist-rare-network.conf
blacklist-watchdog.conf
dkms.conf
fbdev-blacklist.conf
iwlwifi.conf
mlx4.conf
nvidia-384_hybrid.conf
nvidia-graphics-drivers.conf
vmwgfx-fbdev.conf
xorg

[    19.996] 
X.Org X Server 1.17.1
Release Date: 2015-02-10
[    19.996] X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
[    19.996] Build Operating System: Linux 3.19.0-28-generic x86_64 Ubuntu
[    19.996] Current Operating System: Linux marta-GL503VD 3.19.0-32-generic #37~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Oct 22 09:41:40 UTC 2015 x86_64
[    19.996] Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.19.0-32-generic root=UUID=1671b33b-67cf-47d4-b1aa-59bf7467484c ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7 acpi_osi=! "acpi_osi=Windows 2009"
[    19.996] Build Date: 11 September 2015  10:33:14AM
[    19.996] xorg-server 2:1.17.1-0ubuntu3.1~trusty1 (For technical support please see http://www.ubuntu.com/support) 
[    19.996] Current version of pixman: 0.30.2
[    19.996] 	Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
	to make sure that you have the latest version.
[    19.996] Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
	(++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
	(WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
[    19.996] (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Sun Oct 21 21:44:58 2018
[    20.188] (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
[    20.304] (==) No Layout section.  Using the first Screen section.
[    20.304] (==) No screen section available. Using defaults.
[    20.304] (**) |-->Screen "Default Screen Section" (0)
[    20.304] (**) |   |-->Monitor "<default monitor>"
[    20.304] (==) No monitor specified for screen "Default Screen Section".
	Using a default monitor configuration.
[    20.304] (==) Automatically adding devices
[    20.304] (==) Automatically enabling devices
[    20.304] (==) Automatically adding GPU devices
[    20.304] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic" does not exist.
[    20.304] 	Entry deleted from font path.
[    20.304] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/" does not exist.
[    20.304] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/" does not exist.
[    20.304] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi" does not exist.
[    20.304] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi" does not exist.
[    20.304] (==) FontPath set to:
	/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc,
	/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1,
	built-ins
[    20.304] (==) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xorg/extra-modules,/usr/lib/xorg/extra-modules,/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
[    20.304] (II) The server relies on udev to provide the list of input devices.
	If no devices become available, reconfigure udev or disable AutoAddDevices.
[    20.304] (II) Loader magic: 0x7f7c050a6c60
[    20.304] (II) Module ABI versions:
[    20.304] 	X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.4
[    20.304] 	X.Org Video Driver: 19.0
[    20.304] 	X.Org XInput driver : 21.0
[    20.304] 	X.Org Server Extension : 9.0
[    20.304] (II) xfree86: Adding drm device (/dev/dri/card0)
[    20.305] (--) PCI:*(0:0:2:0) 8086:591b:1043:1bb0 rev 4, Mem @ 0xdd000000/16777216, 0xb0000000/268435456, I/O @ 0x0000f000/64
[    20.305] (--) PCI: (0:1:0:0) 10de:1c8d:1043:1bb0 rev 161, Mem @ 0xde000000/16777216, 0xc0000000/268435456, 0xd0000000/33554432, I/O @ 0x0000e000/128, BIOS @ 0x????????/524288
[    20.305] (WW) "glamoregl" will not be loaded unless you've specified it to be loaded elsewhere.
[    20.305] (II) "glx" will be loaded by default.
[    20.305] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
[    20.351] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
[    21.807] (II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    21.807] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 1.0.0
[    21.807] 	ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 9.0
[    21.807] (==) AIGLX enabled
[    21.807] (==) Matched nvidia as autoconfigured driver 0
[    21.807] (==) Matched nouveau as autoconfigured driver 1
[    21.807] (==) Matched intel as autoconfigured driver 2
[    21.807] (==) Matched modesetting as autoconfigured driver 3
[    21.807] (==) Matched fbdev as autoconfigured driver 4
[    21.807] (==) Matched vesa as autoconfigured driver 5
[    21.807] (==) Assigned the driver to the xf86ConfigLayout
[    21.807] (II) LoadModule: "nvidia"
[    21.807] (WW) Warning, couldn't open module nvidia
[    21.807] (II) UnloadModule: "nvidia"
[    21.807] (II) Unloading nvidia
[    21.807] (EE) Failed to load module "nvidia" (module does not exist, 0)
[    21.807] (II) LoadModule: "nouveau"
[    21.807] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nouveau_drv.so
[    21.841] (II) Module nouveau: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    21.841] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 1.0.11
[    21.841] 	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[    21.841] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 19.0
[    21.841] (II) LoadModule: "intel"
[    21.841] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so
[    22.072] (II) Module intel: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    22.072] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 2.99.917
[    22.072] 	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[    22.072] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 19.0
[    22.072] (II) LoadModule: "modesetting"
[    22.072] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/modesetting_drv.so
[    22.072] (II) Module modesetting: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    22.072] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 1.17.1
[    22.072] (II) LoadModule: "fbdev"
[    22.072] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fbdev_drv.so
[    22.072] (II) Module fbdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    22.072] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 0.4.4
[    22.072] (II) LoadModule: "vesa"
[    22.072] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/vesa_drv.so
[    22.072] (II) Module vesa: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    22.072] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 2.3.3
[    22.072] (==) Matched nvidia as autoconfigured driver 0
[    22.072] (==) Matched nouveau as autoconfigured driver 1
[    22.072] (==) Matched intel as autoconfigured driver 2
[    22.072] (==) Matched modesetting as autoconfigured driver 3
[    22.072] (==) Matched fbdev as autoconfigured driver 4
[    22.072] (==) Matched vesa as autoconfigured driver 5
[    22.072] (==) Assigned the driver to the xf86ConfigLayout
[    22.072] (II) LoadModule: "nvidia"
[    22.073] (WW) Warning, couldn't open module nvidia
[    22.073] (II) UnloadModule: "nvidia"
[    22.073] (II) Unloading nvidia
[    22.073] (EE) Failed to load module "nvidia" (module does not exist, 0)
[    22.073] (II) LoadModule: "nouveau"
[    22.073] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nouveau_drv.so
[    22.073] (II) Module nouveau: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    22.073] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 1.0.11
[    22.073] 	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[    22.073] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 19.0
[    22.073] (II) UnloadModule: "nouveau"
[    22.073] (II) Unloading nouveau
[    22.073] (II) Failed to load module "nouveau" (already loaded, 0)
[    22.073] (II) LoadModule: "intel"
[    22.073] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so
[    22.073] (II) Module intel: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    22.073] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 2.99.917
[    22.073] (II) UnloadModule: "intel"
[    22.073] (II) Unloading intel
[    22.073] (II) Failed to load module "intel" (already loaded, 0)
[    22.073] (II) LoadModule: "modesetting"
[    22.073] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/modesetting_drv.so
[    22.073] (II) Module modesetting: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    22.073] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 1.17.1
[    22.073] (II) UnloadModule: "modesetting"
[    22.073] (II) Unloading modesetting
[    22.073] (II) Failed to load module "modesetting" (already loaded, 0)
[    22.073] (II) LoadModule: "fbdev"
[    22.073] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fbdev_drv.so
[    22.073] (II) Module fbdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    22.073] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 0.4.4
[    22.073] (II) UnloadModule: "fbdev"
[    22.073] (II) Unloading fbdev
[    22.073] (II) Failed to load module "fbdev" (already loaded, 0)
[    22.073] (II) LoadModule: "vesa"
[    22.073] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/vesa_drv.so
[    22.073] (II) Module vesa: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    22.073] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 2.3.3
[    22.073] (II) UnloadModule: "vesa"
[    22.073] (II) Unloading vesa
[    22.073] (II) Failed to load module "vesa" (already loaded, 0)
[    22.073] (II) NOUVEAU driver Date:   Thu Aug 28 03:57:48 2014 +0200
[    22.073] (II) NOUVEAU driver for NVIDIA chipset families :
[    22.073] 	RIVA TNT        (NV04)
[    22.073] 	RIVA TNT2       (NV05)
[    22.073] 	GeForce 256     (NV10)
[    22.073] 	GeForce 2       (NV11, NV15)
[    22.073] 	GeForce 4MX     (NV17, NV18)
[    22.073] 	GeForce 3       (NV20)
[    22.073] 	GeForce 4Ti     (NV25, NV28)
[    22.073] 	GeForce FX      (NV3x)
[    22.073] 	GeForce 6       (NV4x)
[    22.073] 	GeForce 7       (G7x)
[    22.073] 	GeForce 8       (G8x)
[    22.073] 	GeForce GTX 200 (NVA0)
[    22.073] 	GeForce GTX 400 (NVC0)
[    22.073] (II) intel: Driver for Intel(R) Integrated Graphics Chipsets:
	i810, i810-dc100, i810e, i815, i830M, 845G, 854, 852GM/855GM, 865G,
	915G, E7221 (i915), 915GM, 945G, 945GM, 945GME, Pineview GM,
	Pineview G, 965G, G35, 965Q, 946GZ, 965GM, 965GME/GLE, G33, Q35, Q33,
	GM45, 4 Series, G45/G43, Q45/Q43, G41, B43
[    22.073] (II) intel: Driver for Intel(R) HD Graphics: 2000-6000
[    22.073] (II) intel: Driver for Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics: 5100, 6100
[    22.073] (II) intel: Driver for Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics: 5200, 6200, P6300
[    22.073] (II) modesetting: Driver for Modesetting Kernel Drivers: kms
[    22.073] (II) FBDEV: driver for framebuffer: fbdev
[    22.073] (II) VESA: driver for VESA chipsets: vesa
[    22.073] (++) using VT number 8

[    22.074] (EE) [drm] KMS not enabled
[    22.090] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for modesetting
[    22.090] (II) Loading sub module "fbdevhw"
[    22.090] (II) LoadModule: "fbdevhw"
[    22.090] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfbdevhw.so
[    22.090] (II) Module fbdevhw: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    22.090] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 0.0.2
[    22.090] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 19.0
[    22.090] (**) FBDEV(2): claimed PCI slot 0@0:2:0
[    22.090] (II) FBDEV(2): using default device
[    22.090] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for vesa
[    22.090] (EE) Screen 0 deleted because of no matching config section.
[    22.090] (II) UnloadModule: "modesetting"
[    22.090] (EE) Screen 0 deleted because of no matching config section.
[    22.090] (II) UnloadModule: "modesetting"
[    22.091] (II) FBDEV(0): Creating default Display subsection in Screen section
	"Default Screen Section" for depth/fbbpp 24/32
[    22.091] (==) FBDEV(0): Depth 24, (==) framebuffer bpp 32
[    22.091] (==) FBDEV(0): RGB weight 888
[    22.091] (==) FBDEV(0): Default visual is TrueColor
[    22.091] (==) FBDEV(0): Using gamma correction (1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
[    22.091] (II) FBDEV(0): hardware: EFI VGA (video memory: 1920kB)
[    22.091] (II) FBDEV(0): checking modes against framebuffer device...
[    22.091] (II) FBDEV(0): checking modes against monitor...
[    22.091] (--) FBDEV(0): Virtual size is 800x600 (pitch 800)
[    22.091] (**) FBDEV(0):  Built-in mode "current": 48.0 MHz, 46.9 kHz, 75.1 Hz
[    22.091] (II) FBDEV(0): Modeline "current"x0.0   48.00  800 832 928 1024  600 604 608 624 -hsync -vsync -csync (46.9 kHz b)
[    22.091] (==) FBDEV(0): DPI set to (96, 96)
[    22.091] (II) Loading sub module "fb"
[    22.091] (II) LoadModule: "fb"
[    22.091] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfb.so
[    22.091] (II) Module fb: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    22.091] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 1.0.0
[    22.091] 	ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
[    22.091] (**) FBDEV(0): using shadow framebuffer
[    22.091] (II) Loading sub module "shadow"
[    22.091] (II) LoadModule: "shadow"
[    22.091] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libshadow.so
[    22.091] (II) Module shadow: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    22.091] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 1.1.0
[    22.091] 	ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
[    22.091] (II) UnloadModule: "vesa"
[    22.091] (II) Unloading vesa
[    22.091] (==) Depth 24 pixmap format is 32 bpp
[    22.091] (EE) FBDEV(0): FBIOBLANK: Invalid argument
[    22.091] (==) FBDEV(0): Backing store enabled
[    22.091] (==) FBDEV(0): DPMS enabled
[    22.091] (==) RandR enabled
[    22.095] (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI2 capable
[    22.095] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
[    25.336] (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized swrast
[    25.336] (II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0
[    25.341] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B20D7FC79C7F597315E3E501AEF10E0D866E8E92.xkm
[    25.351] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Power Button (/dev/input/event3)
[    25.351] (**) Power Button: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    25.351] (II) LoadModule: "evdev"
[    25.351] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/evdev_drv.so
[    25.366] (II) Module evdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    25.366] 	compiled for 1.17.1, module version = 2.9.0
[    25.366] 	Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
[    25.366] 	ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 21.0
[    25.366] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Power Button'
[    25.366] (**) Power Button: always reports core events
[    25.366] (**) evdev: Power Button: Device: "/dev/input/event3"
[    25.367] (--) evdev: Power Button: Vendor 0 Product 0x1
[    25.367] (--) evdev: Power Button: Found keys
[    25.367] (II) evdev: Power Button: Configuring as keyboard
[    25.367] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXPWRBN:00/input/input3/event3"
[    25.367] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Power Button" (type: KEYBOARD, id 6)
[    25.367] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    25.367] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    25.367] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "es"
[    25.368] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-FFBD4FDC8093CCB415CD73029FDA64F4B077A3E7.xkm
[    25.369] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Power Button (/dev/input/event1)
[    25.369] (**) Power Button: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    25.369] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Power Button'
[    25.369] (**) Power Button: always reports core events
[    25.369] (**) evdev: Power Button: Device: "/dev/input/event1"
[    25.369] (--) evdev: Power Button: Vendor 0 Product 0x1
[    25.369] (--) evdev: Power Button: Found keys
[    25.369] (II) evdev: Power Button: Configuring as keyboard
[    25.369] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0C:00/input/input1/event1"
[    25.369] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Power Button" (type: KEYBOARD, id 7)
[    25.369] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    25.369] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    25.369] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "es"
[    25.369] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Lid Switch (/dev/input/event2)
[    25.369] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[    25.369] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[    25.369] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Sleep Button (/dev/input/event0)
[    25.369] (**) Sleep Button: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    25.369] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Sleep Button'
[    25.369] (**) Sleep Button: always reports core events
[    25.369] (**) evdev: Sleep Button: Device: "/dev/input/event0"
[    25.369] (--) evdev: Sleep Button: Vendor 0 Product 0x3
[    25.369] (--) evdev: Sleep Button: Found keys
[    25.369] (II) evdev: Sleep Button: Configuring as keyboard
[    25.369] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0E:00/input/input0/event0"
[    25.369] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Sleep Button" (type: KEYBOARD, id 8)
[    25.369] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    25.369] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    25.369] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "es"
[    25.370] (II) config/udev: Adding input device DKTEK 2.4G RX (/dev/input/event5)
[    25.370] (**) DKTEK 2.4G RX: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    25.370] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'DKTEK 2.4G RX'
[    25.370] (**) DKTEK 2.4G RX: always reports core events
[    25.370] (**) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Device: "/dev/input/event5"
[    25.370] (--) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Vendor 0xe8f Product 0xa4
[    25.370] (--) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Found keys
[    25.370] (II) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Configuring as keyboard
[    25.370] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-2/1-2:1.0/0003:0E8F:00A4.0001/input/input7/event5"
[    25.370] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "DKTEK 2.4G RX" (type: KEYBOARD, id 9)
[    25.370] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    25.370] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    25.370] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "es"
[    25.370] (II) config/udev: Adding input device DKTEK 2.4G RX (/dev/input/event6)
[    25.370] (**) DKTEK 2.4G RX: Applying InputClass "evdev pointer catchall"
[    25.370] (**) DKTEK 2.4G RX: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    25.370] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'DKTEK 2.4G RX'
[    25.370] (**) DKTEK 2.4G RX: always reports core events
[    25.370] (**) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Device: "/dev/input/event6"
[    25.370] (--) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Vendor 0xe8f Product 0xa4
[    25.370] (--) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Found 9 mouse buttons
[    25.370] (--) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Found scroll wheel(s)
[    25.370] (--) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Found relative axes
[    25.370] (--) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Found x and y relative axes
[    25.370] (--) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Found absolute axes
[    25.370] (II) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Forcing absolute x/y axes to exist.
[    25.370] (--) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Found keys
[    25.370] (II) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Configuring as mouse
[    25.370] (II) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Configuring as keyboard
[    25.370] (II) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: Adding scrollwheel support
[    25.370] (**) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
[    25.370] (**) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
[    25.370] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-2/1-2:1.1/0003:0E8F:00A4.0002/input/input8/event6"
[    25.370] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "DKTEK 2.4G RX" (type: KEYBOARD, id 10)
[    25.370] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    25.370] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    25.370] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "es"
[    25.370] (II) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: initialized for relative axes.
[    25.370] (WW) evdev: DKTEK 2.4G RX: ignoring absolute axes.
[    25.370] (**) DKTEK 2.4G RX: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
[    25.370] (**) DKTEK 2.4G RX: (accel) acceleration profile 0
[    25.370] (**) DKTEK 2.4G RX: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[    25.370] (**) DKTEK 2.4G RX: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
[    25.371] (II) config/udev: Adding input device DKTEK 2.4G RX (/dev/input/mouse0)
[    25.371] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[    25.371] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[    25.371] (II) config/udev: Adding input device USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam (/dev/input/event11)
[    25.371] (**) USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    25.371] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam'
[    25.371] (**) USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: always reports core events
[    25.371] (**) evdev: USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Device: "/dev/input/event11"
[    25.371] (--) evdev: USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Vendor 0x13d3 Product 0x5666
[    25.371] (--) evdev: USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Found keys
[    25.371] (II) evdev: USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam: Configuring as keyboard
[    25.371] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-7/1-7:1.0/input/input13/event11"
[    25.371] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam" (type: KEYBOARD, id 11)
[    25.371] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    25.371] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    25.371] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "es"
[    25.371] (II) config/udev: Adding input device ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910) (/dev/input/event7)
[    25.371] (**) ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    25.371] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910)'
[    25.371] (**) ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): always reports core events
[    25.371] (**) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Device: "/dev/input/event7"
[    25.371] (--) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Vendor 0xb05 Product 0x1869
[    25.371] (--) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Found 20 mouse buttons
[    25.371] (--) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Found scroll wheel(s)
[    25.371] (--) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Found relative axes
[    25.371] (II) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Forcing relative x/y axes to exist.
[    25.371] (--) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Found absolute axes
[    25.371] (--) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Found absolute multitouch axes
[    25.371] (--) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Found keys
[    25.371] (II) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Configuring as mouse
[    25.371] (II) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Configuring as keyboard
[    25.371] (II) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): Adding scrollwheel support
[    25.371] (**) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
[    25.371] (**) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
[    25.371] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-8/1-8:1.0/0003:0B05:1869.0003/input/input9/event7"
[    25.371] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910)" (type: KEYBOARD, id 12)
[    25.371] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    25.371] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    25.371] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "es"
[    25.371] (II) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): initialized for relative axes.
[    25.371] (WW) evdev: ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): ignoring absolute axes.
[    25.372] (**) ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
[    25.372] (**) ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): (accel) acceleration profile 0
[    25.372] (**) ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[    25.372] (**) ITE Tech. Inc. ITE Device(8910): (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
[    25.372] (II) config/udev: Adding input device HDA Intel Headphone (/dev/input/event9)
[    25.372] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[    25.372] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[    25.372] (II) config/udev: Adding input device HDA Intel HDMI/DP,pcm=3 (/dev/input/event10)
[    25.372] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[    25.372] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[    25.372] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Asus WMI hotkeys (/dev/input/event8)
[    25.372] (**) Asus WMI hotkeys: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    25.372] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Asus WMI hotkeys'
[    25.372] (**) Asus WMI hotkeys: always reports core events
[    25.372] (**) evdev: Asus WMI hotkeys: Device: "/dev/input/event8"
[    25.372] (--) evdev: Asus WMI hotkeys: Vendor 0 Product 0
[    25.372] (--) evdev: Asus WMI hotkeys: Found keys
[    25.372] (II) evdev: Asus WMI hotkeys: Configuring as keyboard
[    25.372] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/platform/asus-nb-wmi/input/input10/event8"
[    25.372] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Asus WMI hotkeys" (type: KEYBOARD, id 13)
[    25.372] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    25.372] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    25.372] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "es"
[    25.372] (II) config/udev: Adding input device AT Translated Set 2 keyboard (/dev/input/event4)
[    25.372] (**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    25.372] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'AT Translated Set 2 keyboard'
[    25.372] (**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: always reports core events
[    25.372] (**) evdev: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Device: "/dev/input/event4"
[    25.372] (--) evdev: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Vendor 0x1 Product 0x1
[    25.372] (--) evdev: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Found keys
[    25.372] (II) evdev: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Configuring as keyboard
[    25.372] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio0/input/input4/event4"
[    25.372] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "AT Translated Set 2 keyboard" (type: KEYBOARD, id 14)
[    25.372] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    25.372] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    25.372] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "es"
[    25.375] (EE) FBDEV(0): FBIOBLANK: Invalid argument
[    43.131] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-4968D24C59EB905E8B3DE6B1AD4DB0BD19C330FF.xkm
[    43.135] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm
[    46.656] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm
[    46.657] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm
[    46.658] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm
[    46.660] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm
[    46.661] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm
[    46.663] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm
[    46.664] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm
[    46.665] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm
[    46.666] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm
[    46.668] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm
[    46.669] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B5A2E554E837CB3EEDA047317C3AEBA162EE8607.xkm

marta@marta-GL503VD ~ $ ls /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/char/drm
nvidia_384_drm.ko  nvidia_384.ko  nvidia_384_modeset.ko  nvidia_384_uvm.ko
roblm wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:22 pm Use this command: ls /etc/X11

You should see one or more files that start with xorg.conf and have a date added at the end; for example: xorg.conf10212018

Open each file and post the output; for example: xed /etc/X11/xorg.conf10212018

marta@marta-GL503VD ~ $ ls /etc/X11
app-defaults             rgb.txt  Xreset      Xsession          xsm
default-display-manager  xinit    Xreset.d    Xsession.d        Xwrapper.config
fonts                    xkb      Xresources  Xsession.options
No files starting with xorg.conf
roblm
Level 15
Level 15

Post by roblm »

A special xorg.conf file is supposed to be created after selecting the Nvidia GPU. If that doesn’t happen, then the Nvidia driver will not load. The gpu-manager is responsible for creating that file but the log file showed it’s not being created, so the gpu-manager needs to be disabled.

Use this command to create an xorg.conf file: gksudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf
In the opened empty file, add these lines:

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier "layout"
    Screen 0 "nvidia"
    Inactive "intel"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "intel"
    Driver "modesetting"
    BusID "PCI:0@0:2:0"
    Option "AccelMethod" "None"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "intel"
    Device "intel"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Driver "nvidia"
    BusID "PCI:1@0:0:0"
    Option "ConstrainCursor" "off"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Device "nvidia"
    Option "AllowEmptyInitialConfiguration" "on"
    Option "IgnoreDisplayDevices" "CRT"
EndSection

Then open the grub file: gksudo gedit /etc/default/grub

Change this line:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"

To this, to disable the gpu-manager:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash nogpumanager"

Use this command to update grub: sudo update-grub

Use this command to switch to the Nvidia GPU and reboot: sudo prime-select nvidia; reboot

If you can't get back to the desktop, then enter the virtual console tty1 by pressing Ctrl+Alt+F1.

Use this command to open the grub file: sudo nano -t /etc/default/grub

Remove the word nogpumanager. Press Ctrl+X to save and exit.

Use this command to update grub: sudo update-grub

Use this command to remove the xorg.conf file and reboot: sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf; reboot
martasanz34

Post by martasanz34 »

roblm wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:38 pm A special xorg.conf file is supposed to be created....
It happened as you said. I was unable to open the desktop and I had to remove the file. I'm starting to look like your avatar.
roblm
Level 15
Level 15

Post by roblm »

Use this command and post the output. Press ENTER to close the Terminal window:

sudo update-alternatives --config x86_64-linux-gnu_gl_conf
martasanz34

Post by martasanz34 »

roblm wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:40 pm Use this command and post the output. Press ENTER to close the Terminal window:

sudo update-alternatives --config x86_64-linux-gnu_gl_conf

Existen 3 opciones para la alternativa x86_64-linux-gnu_gl_conf (que provee /etc/ld.so.conf.d/x86_64-linux-gnu_GL.conf).

Selección   Ruta                                       Prioridad  Estado
------------------------------------------------------------
  0            /usr/lib/nvidia-384/ld.so.conf              8604      modo automático
  1            /usr/lib/nvidia-384-prime/ld.so.conf        8603      modo manual
* 2            /usr/lib/nvidia-384/ld.so.conf              8604      modo manual
  3            /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mesa/ld.so.conf   500       modo manual

Pulse <Intro> para mantener el valor por omisión [*] o pulse un número de selección: 

I don't know if this can help or just make things worse,but I've noticed that the Intel card doesn't even appear in the driver manager. Just the Nvidia with the two drivers options (Nouveau and nvidia-384)
roblm
Level 15
Level 15

Post by roblm »

That xorg.conf file you used was from Mint 18. I just found a related Nvidia Optimus topic I was involved in from Mint 17 and the xorg.conf file is different by one line. You need to go back 4 posts and follow the instructions again, but use these lines for the file:

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier "layout"
    Screen 0 "nvidia"
    Inactive "intel"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "intel"
    Driver "modesetting"
    BusID "PCI:0@0:2:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "intel"
    Device "intel"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Driver "nvidia"
    BusID "PCI:1@0:0:0"
    Option "ConstrainCursor" "off"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Device "nvidia"
    Option "AllowEmptyInitialConfiguration" "on"
    Option "IgnoreDisplayDevices" "CRT"
EndSection

If that doesn’t work again, use this command in the virtual console tty1 to get the output of the Xorg.0.log file, which will be sent to your Home directory: cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log > xorg3.txt

I won't be back online again until tomorrow.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”