Will Primary Monitor section be saved ?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JIS

Will Primary Monitor section be saved ?

Post by JIS »

Hi all
I want to migrate my wife's laptop from Win10 to LM 19; however, she currently uses a 21" monitor to mirror the displays as she prefers the larger screen. If I select this second monitor as the PRIMARY under Linux Mint 19, will that selection be saved and stored so that, upon reboot it will retain that preference (until and unless the second monitor was unplugged; say when travelling)?

I would like to test it but I cannot because booting from the USB will not allow me to save any preferences ! Hence why I ma asking here! :D

Thank you very much

John
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
roblm
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Will Primary Monitor section be saved ?

Post by roblm »

If you mirror the displays, then the Menu and panel will appear on both. Or you can deselect mirror mode and set the connected monitor as primary. Both configurations should be retained upon rebooting.

The only problem I experienced was on a PC with Mint 19 Xfce, 2 monitors connected and Nvidia graphics, where the default nouveau driver was used. After switching to mirror mode, one of the monitors turned off. This did not happen with Cinnamon or MATE.
JIS

Re: Will Primary Monitor section be saved ?

Post by JIS »

Many thanks for this; appreciated.
Regards
John

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”