Burn in problem on the screen

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
overkill22
Level 4
Level 4

Burn in problem on the screen

Post by overkill22 »

I'm experiencing a problem similar to this from a while now.

http://i.imgur.com/AtmbhkS.jpg
*image is not my screen but the problem is similar

I don't understand how it happen. I tried to off the screen with the function button + f7 (on my laptop asus zenbook will off the display), but after a while I on the display again and the problem is there.

After using the laptop for a while the problem goes away.
Is it caused my what? Drivers?

Code: Select all

inxi -G
Graphics:  Card: Intel HD Graphics 5300
           Display Server: x11 (X.Org 1.19.6 ) drivers: modesetting (unloaded: fbdev,vesa)
           Resolution: 1920x1080@60.00hz, 1920x1080@60.00hz
           OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics 5300 (Broadwell GT2)
           version: 4.5 Mesa 18.0.5
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Burn in problem on the screen

Post by lsemmens »

That would tend to indicate the problems is not screen burn. Screen burn used to occur predominantly on CRT monochrome screens that displayed a largely static image all day every day. With the advent of colour screens the problems was minimised, and, once CRT was superseded, the problem has largely disappeared. That does not mean that you don't have a problem. but, I'd suspect that it is not screen burn but, possibly a failing component, dodgy screen drivers (unlikely), or possibly screen abrasion where the screen of a laptop takes on the outline of the keyboard from extensive vibration whilst the screen is closed. (That is usually only as a result of normal usage by someone who is on the road, a lot.)
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
overkill22
Level 4
Level 4

Post by overkill22 »

lsemmens wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:29 am
That would tend to indicate the problems is not screen burn. Screen burn used to occur predominantly on CRT monochrome screens that displayed a largely static image all day every day. With the advent of colour screens the problems was minimised, and, once CRT was superseded, the problem has largely disappeared. That does not mean that you don't have a problem. but, I'd suspect that it is not screen burn but, possibly a failing component, dodgy screen drivers (unlikely), or possibly screen abrasion where the screen of a laptop takes on the outline of the keyboard from extensive vibration whilst the screen is closed. (That is usually only as a result of normal usage by someone who is on the road, a lot.)
I don't think is the keyboard. The screen is always open and when I close the lid, I keep the lid 1cm away from total closing. Even if it does close it can't be it.

I actually changed the screen a while ago because of a faulty pixel, so this screen is actually "new".

Somehow it looks like, when the screen is black (and off in my believe), something is still going on behind.

Now I'm trying to understand when this exactly happen. I'm now using a different screensaver, tried with the LCDscrub but I"ve got hte same problem.

Here's the original topic where I took the picture in a rush. http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads ... in.711465/

My problem is not so obvious.
overkill22
Level 4
Level 4

Post by overkill22 »

It looks like when I OFF the screen with fn + f7 or with the power management settings > turn off screen when inactive for, it somehow keep something on behind the black screen.
I'm having this problem only when the screen is turned off, not if I'm using the laptop or the screen is on with a static image.

is there anything I can try to log what is happening when the screen is completely dark?
hildebrandodeel

Post by hildebrandodeel »

run this test for a few minutes or hours on a full screen, it should help fix defective pixels on the screen and this problem is called burn in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIA_4nV-CqE

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”