Sketchup 2018 under Wine and NVIDIA Proprietary Drivers

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FloBEAUG

Sketchup 2018 under Wine and NVIDIA Proprietary Drivers

Post by FloBEAUG »

Hello,

I'am having an issue with Skecthup 2018 under Wine and NVIDIA Proprietary Drivers.

This bug is known as the "one event behind bug" : when I clik something, I have to zoom in or out to see the selection apear. The "vblank_mode=0" trick doesn't work here due to the NVIDIA Proprietary Drivers. I tried to change OpenGL keys under the registry but they don't exist in this version of SketchUp. I also tried some settings under NVIDIA Setting Panel but nothing changed.

The only solution that is actualy working is to switch to Nouveau drivers but this is not what I want because I need NVIDIA drivers alongside DXVK to play some games.

Does somebody kwow what to do please ? It is a step I have to acheive to completly quit Microsoft.

My setup : Linux Mint 19 - Wine Staging 3.21 - NVIDIA 970GTX - Driver nvidia-415

Sincerely
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Sketchup 2018 under Wine and NVIDIA Proprietary Drivers

Post by lsemmens »

I think I got Sketchup to work best using playonlinux. It was some time back, and have not bothered to set it up again in my re-loads. There are numerous hits here about sketchup and Linux, some of those threads may be of use to you. Just type sketchup in the search box of the forums.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
antoinecattoor

Re: Sketchup 2018 under Wine and NVIDIA Proprietary Drivers

Post by antoinecattoor »

1) terminal:

wine regedit

2) HKEY_USERS/S-1-5-4/Software/Google/SketchUp8/GLConfig/Display

3) modification [HW_OK] = 1

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”