Stuck in startup screen with Mint logo but reachable via ssh

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ande

Stuck in startup screen with Mint logo but reachable via ssh

Post by ande »

I'm having an issue with Cinnamon / Linux Mint 19 on a Fujitsu mainboard D3417-B with integrated graphics, monitor is connected via DVI:

I'm mostly using this machine as a web server and with ssh (works fine!) so I rarely see the graphical screen. When I looked however, I saw only the green Mint logo on black background like you see it in the startup phase. White dots are there but not moving.

As far as I remember, the monitor worked fine in Mint 18 - I'm not sure when this started to fall apart, maybe months ago. Maybe I thought I would wait a little until a future update might iron it out. So far, no success with that strategy :-)

Which options do I have to systematically "repair" Cinnamon desktop from commandline?

Thanks -

lsb-release says "Linux Mint 19 Tara", kernel is 4.4.0-109-generic. What else could I bring to the table?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ande

Re: Stuck in startup screen with Mint logo but reachable via ssh

Post by ande »

.. Any ideas..?

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”