Screen resolution, 3D Acceleration, nVidia, ATI
Forum rules
Before you post please read this
gomerpile
Level 2
Level 2

Nvidia Latest

Post by gomerpile »

Today I installed nvidia driver 415.27. Huge change.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers
sudo apt-get update

GOTO Package Manager, Select 415.27 drivers, as you select the 415 drivers the older 390 will be marked for removal. Match all the 415.27 drivers to the ones marked for deletions. There are some security update to these drivers.
Check Nvidia driver 415 in driver manager.
Last edited by gomerpile on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Hoser Rob
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Nvidia Latest

Post by Hoser Rob »

gomerpile wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:06 am
Today I installed nvidia driver 415.27. Huge change.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers
sudo apt-get update

GOTO Package Manager, Select 415.27 drivers, as you select the 415 drivers the older 390 will be marked for removal. Match all the 415.27 drivers to the ones marked for deletions. There are some security update to these drivers.
Check Nvidia driver 415 in driver manager.
Image Upload by Spectre9Clan
Great, another beginner with bad advice that may have worked for them buit will (not may but will) break many other user's video. Completely.

Dl'ing the latest driver from the mfr's site may be the obvious thing to do in Windows but it's not in Linux. It's in fact very unreliable since there's very little backwards compatibility in Linux. Use Driver Manager instead, the recommended one on that list is almost always the right one.

Remember in computing a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

MrGrimm
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MrGrimm »

how about actually make the image large enough for peeps to read? that said Hoser Rob pretty sure if it worked for the op it would work for almost everyone with a nvidia card that driver supports if there are proer instructions given. that said Hoser Rob i agree with you even with proper instructions given use the driver manager and install the recommended from there.

gomerpile
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gomerpile »

MrGrimm wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:59 am
how about actually make the image large enough for peeps to read? that said Hoser Rob pretty sure if it worked for the op it would work for almost everyone with a nvidia card that driver supports if there are proer instructions given. that said Hoser Rob i agree with you even with proper instructions given use the driver manager and install the recommended from there.
My server only allows img size, this forum only allows size, made the pic to fit both. You cannot use driver manager until you add the ppa, that is exactly what I did added the drivers. How we install them is up to U.

Its not hard to revert bck to the old. The process you explained

MrGrimm
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MrGrimm »

your server has nothing to dop with size. use a image hosting site and just post the like to the larger image from there. as for driver manager out of the gat 390 recommended, xserver, and 340 are available, IF you want the 410 or 415 then yes you need to add the ppa, download and install directly from nvidia, or there's another method.

gomerpile
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gomerpile »

MrGrimm wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:29 pm
your server has nothing to dop with size. use a image hosting site and just post the like to the larger image from there. as for driver manager out of the gat 390 recommended, xserver, and 340 are available, IF you want the 410 or 415 then yes you need to add the ppa, download and install directly from nvidia, or there's another method.
Thanks I have my own hosting, the method I showed downloads the ppa directly from NVIDIA and adds them to your package manager then updates the packages, also adds them to device manager. How we install them is up to U. I left that up to the user.

Moem
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Moem »

To post a larger image, directly in the thread, in three easy steps:
- Use the direct link to the image itself
- make sure it's a HTTPS link
- enclose it in rimg tags.

Works really well!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

gomerpile
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gomerpile »

Thank You

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”