Linux mint fails to recover from idle

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mc7194

Linux mint fails to recover from idle

Post by mc7194 »

I have a dual monitor set up: main is 1440p and the other is 1080p. AMD 2600 + rx580 + x470 taichi mobo + sumsung SSD 500g + linux mint 19 Tara

Mint 19 works for me pretty well so far. But one thing keeps bugging me.

My computer seems to have problem recovering from inactive/suspend. When I come back to my desktop after a break, my monitor is black in idle mode. Sometimes it recovers when I press any key; sometimes it couldn't. When it fails to awake, only main monitor (1440p) has backlit; the other monitor (1080p) is pitch black. I have to hard-reboot by pressing power button for several seconds.

I mostly use mint for python programming (Pycharm) and web browsing (chrome). Sometimes I use wine for gaming (wow).

I suspect the problem is caused by dual monitor set-up. Any ideas? Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
roblm
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Linux mint fails to recover from idle

Post by roblm »

You need to post some additional info. Open the Terminal, use these commands and post the output: inxi -SMCGx and xrandr --prop

What is the brand and model numbers of the monitors and how are they connected, including any adapter or switch.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”