NVIDIA XServer user guide

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TheLinuxPatriot

NVIDIA XServer user guide

Post by TheLinuxPatriot »

Hello everyone.
I am looking for all the information I can find about the NVIDIA Xserver. I want to understand what each option is used for. I find a lot of scattered information, with most it not verified. My goal is to be able to help those who have questions or issues and give them the correct answer and post them on my YouTube channel. From 20+ years of experience I do realize that testing things out helps but having a complete understand of why goes a long way.

Stephen
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: NVIDIA XServer user guide

Post by catweazel »

TheLinuxPatriot wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:12 am Hello everyone.
I am looking for all the information I can find about the NVIDIA Xserver. I want to understand what each option is used for. I find a lot of scattered information, with most it not verified. My goal is to be able to help those who have questions or issues and give them the correct answer and post them on my YouTube channel. From 20+ years of experience I do realize that testing things out helps but having a complete understand of why goes a long way.
With all due respect, I doubt you'll get what you want in these forums. Only a search engine and research will get it for you.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: NVIDIA XServer user guide

Post by Hoser Rob »

AFAIK the Nvidia closed Linux drivers basically replace the whole entire Xorg stack. You're talking about some v ery deep learning and a lot of research.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”