Screen resolution, 3D Acceleration, nVidia, ATI
Forum rules
Before you post please read this
tshihmin
Level 2
Level 2

Boot logo screen, Login screen and many screens shifted to the right [SOLVED]

Post by tshihmin » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:16 pm

My desktop computer OS is Linux Mint 19.1 "Tessa" Cinnamon edition (64-bit).

My video card:
Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 5450

My PC monitor:
HP L1706 17-inch LCD Monitor

Many screens shifted to the right.

From motherboard logo screen:

To GNU Grub menu screen:

To Linux Mint booting up screen:

To Login screen:

Until to desktop screen (notice that the time on the bottom right is out of view):

All got whole screen moved to the right partially, leaving a thick black bar on the left. Is there any way to bring them back to default position? :cry:
Last edited by tshihmin on Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sdled
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Boot logo screen & Login screen shifted to the right

Post by sdled » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:27 pm

adjust position thru amd control panel
or resolution

tshihmin
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Boot logo screen & Login screen shifted to the right

Post by tshihmin » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:11 am

sdled wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:27 pm
adjust position thru amd control panel
or resolution
Any idea how to bring up the AMD control panel in Linux Mint 19.1 "Tessa" Cinnamon edition (64-bit)?

tshihmin
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Boot logo screen, Login screen and many screens shifted to the right

Post by tshihmin » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:49 pm

I've finally found a solution. It's close to 100% solved but okay to me. This is what I did:

(1) Connect the PC monitor to a laptop (installed with Windows 10 Pro 64Bit) using VGA cable. I switched off and on back the PC monitor by pressing the Power button that is on the PC monitor. That doesn't centralize the PC monitor screen. I then pressed the Auto button that is on the PC monitor. I can't remember I short or long press it. The PC monitor screen finally centralized.

(2) I disconnected the PC monitor from the laptop and connect it to my current PC that is my desktop computer (installed with Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon edition 64Bit) using VGA cable. I switched off and on back the PC monitor by pressing the Power button that is on the PC monitor - doesn't solve the problem. I then press the Auto button that is on the PC monitor (not long press) a few times - that too doesn't solve the problem. I then long press the Auto button for some time and finally it solved the problem close to 100%.

*In step (1), laptop installed with Windows 10 Pro 64Bit replaced with Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon edition 64Bit, will it work? I'm not sure but you can also try.

*I got the idea from
https://superuser.com/questions/358093/ ... get-rid-of.
The first answer comment from Gabriele Cirulli. Thanks to him.

Solution update:
I've got the same problem again and used the above steps. This time around it doesn't work. I used this solution and close to 100% solved but acceptable to me. This is what I did:

(1) I disturbed the end of VGA cable that connected nearest to the CPU.

(2) I then used the Factory Reset option in OSD control panel (bring it up by pressing the Menu button) on PC monitor, pressing the Auto button (short/long press) on PC monitor, switched off for awhile and on back the PC monitor by pressing the Power button.

(3) Done.

*It seems like the fault is at that end of VGA cable. The wire inside could be already snapped or something.

*To sum up, the solution can be any of these:
(1) Change VGA cable. Inside of it the wire could be already snapped or something.
(2) Make sure VGA cable connections are not loose. Connections to CPU and PC monitor.
(3) Use Factory Reset option in OSD control panel, auto config, Auto button, Power button on PC monitor.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”