Problem with the graphic interface, clicking on icon Screen Display everything is frozen and blocked in the system.

Screen resolution, 3D Acceleration, nVidia, ATI
Forum rules
Before you post please read this
giherza66
Level 1
Level 1

Problem with the graphic interface, clicking on icon Screen Display everything is frozen and blocked in the system.

Post by giherza66 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:36 am

Hi.
Sorry my poor English.
I don't know very well if my question corresponds to this section of the forum, this is my problem:
Start USB LIVE Linux Mint 19.2 Tina Cinnamon before installing (I try without installing) on my Laptop and I am testing and seeing its functionalities, everything works very well in the graphic interface, there is even a very good and high resolution of the monitor, but when I I have to change the resolution for a smaller one, when I click on System Configuration → Hardware → Display Screen then everything is frozen and blocked in the system and I can't do anything on the system, I'm scared and I'm afraid if this is going to continue happening in the final installation.
In Driver Manager, change the driver “xserver-xorg-video-nouveau (open-source) Version 1: 1.0.15-2 x.Org X server-Nouveau display driver” to the driver “nvidia-driver-430 (recommended) Version 430.26 -0ubuntu0.18.04.2 NVIDIA driver metapakage ”, then it is installed well and no problem is shown, but when I click on the Display Screen icon everything is “ frozen and blocked ”, the problem is not solved and I can not do anything in the system (still the same).

Thank you if you help me.
My Laptop is:
MSI RE62VR 7RF
Intel Core i7 7th Gen 4 core 8 wire CPU
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6 Gb GPU

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”