Screen resolution, 3D Acceleration, nVidia, ATI
Forum rules
Before you post please read this
Jito463
Level 1
Level 1

Unable to install drivers on Ryzen Embedded v1605b

Post by Jito463 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:37 pm

I backed the Bolt project - a mini-STX form factor board - from Udoo on KS last year, and just received my new board yesterday. It uses the Ryzen Embedded v1605b, with the Vega 8CU graphics. After a bit of fighting, I finally managed to install Mint 19.2 (had to use nomodeset on boot to get a display). At this point, I tried using the Driver Manager to install the display drivers, but it couldn't find anything to install. I promptly went to AMD's site and downloaded the full package for Linux (specifically for Ubuntu 18.04), however I was unable to discover how to install the package. At this point, I went back and downloaded the web installer, but was then informed - after following the directions from the included PDF - that they would only work on Ubuntu 18.04, and Mint was not recognized as such.

While I can install Ubuntu instead (Udoo has created a custom image for the Bolt), I would prefer to use Mint. Any suggestions on how to force the driver to install anyway? Bear in mind that, while I'm technically adept and can learn quickly, I have very little actual experience with Linux. The past 20+ years have been on Windows, not Linux, so this is fairly new territory for me.

Jito463
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Unable to install drivers on Ryzen Embedded v1605b

Post by Jito463 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:38 pm

It appears that I may be good to go. One of my former coworkers happened to stop by and was able to assist me. I wish I could say what he did to fix it, but he's not entirely sure himself. :lol: Looks like I'm up and running now. Thanks anyway.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”