Video card for dell optiflex 390

Screen resolution, 3D Acceleration, nVidia, ATI
Forum rules
Before you post please read this
myface64

Video card for dell optiflex 390

Post by myface64 »

Just installed Mint Cinamon and all works fine, but the win7 in virtualbox complain about graphic acceleration. My box is Dell Optiflex 390. I have 10G memory installed, but my MPU is integrated and have some problems. I am planing add video card, but have no idea what video card will work with Mint. Any suggestion?.
I have win7 installed in virtualbox because of Vegas Video software. Is working, but slow as hell. Thank you.
trapperjohn
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Video card for dell optiflex 390

Post by trapperjohn »

Hi,

Out of the box, the kernel supports most NVidia cards (except the old timers). I have always had good luck with Asus and, usually, Gigabyte manufacturers.

I use the GIGABYTE GeForce GT 1030 GV-N1030D5-2GL Low Profile 2G Computer Graphics Card on many machines in conjunction with VBox. The card has a low-profile bracket and a regular bracket.
MrEen
Level 22
Level 22

Post by MrEen »

The Dell Optiplex 390 comes in different sized cases. If yours is the SFF (small form factor) you'll need to take that into account.
myface64

Post by myface64 »

Thank you. I have mid size tower.
myface64

Post by myface64 »

Just installed Gigabyte GForce 710 with 2G. In Mint all works fine, but in win7(host) still no graphic acceleration. In settings I did mark 2 and 3D acceleration. Could it be that I am using HDMI cable?

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”