Forum rules
Before you post please read this
sterling mint
Level 1
Level 1

Brightness issues - Intel HD Graphics card

Post by sterling mint »

Hello all,

I have searched the many threads addressed at solving issues of lost brightness controll, but cannot find one thread that seems to fit my problem. I am running an Asus UX305F with an Intel HD Graphics 5300 card.

Before upgrading 18.2 to 18.3 Sylvia, I had three perfectly functioning macros that I used a lot. If I have dallied until now in dealing with this issue, it is only because I am now considering upgrading to 19.3 or 20 and want the system to be running spit-spot before I do. Before, I used fn+F5 (dimming), fn+F6 (brightening) and fn+F7 (shutting off monitor), after the two first ones stopped working altogether, the last one instead locking the screen, a funcion for which I have no use, and never asked.

I have tried the Keyboard/Shortcut/Hardware utility programme, but it does not allow me to type in alternatives for dimming and brightening, and does not seem to offer an option to turn the monitor off at all.

Is there a remedy out there?
Thank you./S
Last edited by sterling mint on Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
waywayka
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Bightness issues - Intel HD Graphics card

Post by waywayka »

Hi,

I'm also trying to fix this issue.

I'll check in with anything I find.
Dell XPS 15 9530
i5 4200H 2.9 GHz
Linux Mint Tara 19.3 (MATE)
alvarro
Level 1
Level 1

Post by alvarro »

i fix it with previous kernel version (5.4.0-39) , delete the newest kernel version (5.4.0-40) and reinstall.. i hope that may help. thats work for me.
im sorry for my bad language..

lm20 cinnamon , intel celeron n3350 with intel HD graphic card (500)
lm cinnamon 20 - intel celeron N3350 @ 2x 2.4GHz - Mesa Intel(R) HD Graphics 500 (APL 2) - 4 GB ram
sterling mint
Level 1
Level 1

Post by sterling mint »

Thank you Alvaro,
Sorry for my late reply! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, but unfortunately I am still running 18.3 Sylvia, so kernel 4.15 or something like that. So it seems this issue is in fact old as sin..
Alvaro, please do not excuse your English, you are doing great. Most native English speakers would be hard pressed to write anything in any other language, whereas you are posting on a forum in a foreign language. That is really something. Kudos! By the way, look at me; I am writing about "Bightness" issues. I don't even know what "bightness" means! And I wrote "bightness" in my topic line!
Best, /S.
alvarro
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Brightness issues - Intel HD Graphics card

Post by alvarro »

ok thank you for apreciate, i didn't see your lm version .. im sorry
i think you use newer realease :)
lm cinnamon 20 - intel celeron N3350 @ 2x 2.4GHz - Mesa Intel(R) HD Graphics 500 (APL 2) - 4 GB ram

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”