Two monitors, selecting one screen for screen-sharing

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mk-94
Level 1
Level 1

Two monitors, selecting one screen for screen-sharing

Post by mk-94 »

Hello,

i am using linux mint 20 cinnamon and have to external monitors which are both working very fine.
When i want to share one monitor e.g. in discord or Big Blue Button, i have the option to select one monitor but the programs are sharing always both monitors.

Do you have an idea what i can do? With windows i have not the problems so i think it is a mint problem.

Thank you very much.

Best regards
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Two monitors, selecting one screen for screen-sharing

Post by wallyUSA »

@mk-94,

Please do NOT say it is a Mint problem. I suspect it is your config or settings. I use the dual monitor setup and can share one screen (using Zoom). Comes in handy.

Here is a pix of my system settings. See how this compares to yours. If this does not help you may have to tell us some specifics of your system and exactly what is happening.

Cheers
2 monitors.png
> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <

Dell Latitude 7490 Mint 21.3 Ker 5.15.0-105 Cinn 6.0.4
mk-94
Level 1
Level 1

Post by mk-94 »

Hi,

thank you for your response and sorry that i marked my thread as a mint-problem.

I have the same settings for my monitors and in google chrome i can select only one monitor for screen-sharing.

I searched for some reasons and i found the information that linux merges the two screens to one, so the tools (i.e. discord or big blue button) cannot handle them.
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wallyUSA »

I guess it depends on the app. If I do screen print (PRTSC) it captures both. I use (PRTSC + shift) to select one monitor or any cursor selected image on that one monitor.

No idea about
discord or big blue button
. I guess I do not know how to help you.

Good luck :!:
> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <

Dell Latitude 7490 Mint 21.3 Ker 5.15.0-105 Cinn 6.0.4

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”