No boot splash screen <SOLVED>

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Freyon
Level 1
Level 1

No boot splash screen <SOLVED>

Post by Freyon »

Hello
Gpu:r7 350
Driver:amdgpu
I have a problem with the mint logo screen not appearing during boot up ^plymouth^
On radeon driver everything was working but because of Lutris I have to use amdgpu,but it doesn't matter.
To enable amdgpu I added in grub

34 GRUB_GFXMODE=1920X1080X32
35 GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="radeon.si_support=0 radeon.cik_support=0 amdgpu.si_support=1 amdgpu.cik_support=1 amdgpu.dc=1 amdgpu.dpm=1 amdgpu.modeset=1"

I don't know if everything is set correctly here, however there are no problems with the card except for those screens on startup.
EDIT:Also there is no shutdown animation,only logs
Linux mint 20.1 64bit
Please help
Greetings
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: No boot splash screen

Post by karlchen »

Hello, Freyon.

The reason why no splash screen is displayed is simple: you have removed the word "splash" from the parameter GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT.
That line consequently should read:

Code: Select all

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="radeon.si_support=0 radeon.cik_support=0 amdgpu.si_support=1 amdgpu.cik_support=1 amdgpu.dc=1 amdgpu.dpm=1 amdgpu.modeset=1 splash"
Note the suffixed word splash at the end of the line.

HTH,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
Freyon
Level 1
Level 1

Re: No boot splash screen

Post by Freyon »

I have 2 lines GRUB_CMD_LINUX_DEFAULT
The first one contains ="quiet splash"
and the second

Code: Select all

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="radeon.si_support=0 radeon.cik_support=0 amdgpu.si_support=1 amdgpu.cik_support=1 amdgpu.dc=1 amdgpu.dpm=1 amdgpu.modeset=1"
However, I will try your idea and thanks for your reply!
UPDATE:
Thank You very much plymouth is working now :)

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”