linux mint xfce screen corruption at 1366x768 resolution

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
yavuz yavuz
Level 1
Level 1

linux mint xfce screen corruption at 1366x768 resolution

Post by yavuz yavuz »

I want to install linux mint xfce, but 1366x768 resolution screen is like this, what should I do?
(I don't know English, so I'm using translation, there may be mistakes in the article)
https://resimyukle.io/r/c804fJvSy1
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SprinterDriver
Level 4
Level 4

Re: linux mint xfce screen corruption at 1366x768 resolution

Post by SprinterDriver »

What hardware d you have (computer name/model, etc. . .) ?

Does that computer have worked properly in the past? Have the computer being stored without being used for a long time?
So I got this bright idea. But when I tried to grab the light bulb, I did not hurt my hands as expected from a warm bulb, because it turned out to be one of those LED bulbs.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: linux mint xfce screen corruption at 1366x768 resolution

Post by SMG »

yavuz yavuz wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:31 am I want to install linux mint xfce, but 1366x768 resolution screen is like this, what should I do?
If your computer has AMD graphics and you tried to install Linux Mint 20, then it is a combination of the windows manager/compositor and a bug in amdgpu. Here is a long thread with others having the same issue and what they tried 20.04 Display issues with AMD GPU (on MATE and Xfce).

This post indicates using compton (instead of the default marco) with LM20.1 MATE works. It's my understanding compton also works with Xfce.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”