My fresh Mint XFCE does not work ever since installing it. It is graphics issue as others have had the same issue

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Zeus_1347
Level 1
Level 1

My fresh Mint XFCE does not work ever since installing it. It is graphics issue as others have had the same issue

Post by Zeus_1347 »

I have the same laptop and same issues while dual booting: https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/597882/422105

BTW i am really sorry but i am typing this on windows and i dont really remember the exact error messages. if needed i will try it tomorrow and take pictures of the exact error messages.

anyway, i tried to follow the guide linked above but it didnt work (error was related to kernel). I couldnt get past the first step. i changed the link to get the latest nvidia drivers.

I read that they had upgraded their kernel to 5.7.8. So i tried to update to 5.8.0(latest i think) using this guide How to Install Linux Kernel 5.8 on Ubuntu and Linux Mint - 9to5Linux. But it didnt work in the last step. Error image(i got this error).

My laptop has integrated amd graphics and dedicated nvidia graphics. Please help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: My fresh Mint XFCE does not work ever since installing it. It is graphics issue as others have had the same issue

Post by Hoser Rob »

The computer make/model is not enough because, as they say, specifications are subject to change without notice.

Boot into Mint and copy/paste the text output of inxi -Fxxxrz run in the terminal.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
Zeus_1347
Level 1
Level 1

Re: My fresh Mint XFCE does not work ever since installing it. It is graphics issue as others have had the same issue

Post by Zeus_1347 »

Hoser Rob wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:42 am The computer make/model is not enough because, as they say, specifications are subject to change without notice
i am sure the issue is the same. we have similar hardware. But i will check and send the output in a few hours.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”