Flickering/jumping mouse cursor with triple display configuration

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tobiasre
Level 1
Level 1

Flickering/jumping mouse cursor with triple display configuration

Post by tobiasre »

Hi!

I am running the Mint 20.2 XFCE on a ThinkPad Carbon X1. I have two external displays connected to the ThinkPad through a Lenovo USB-C Docking Station. The horizontal ordering is Laptop display - Primary external display - Other external display.

When I configure the position of the two external displays so that they "touch" each other, my mouse cursor starts to "flicker" when it is moved close to the right boundary of the primary display (~2cm). In particular, when the mouse is moved in that area, the cursor jumps between the primary screen and the same position on the other external display. When I don't move the cursor, it doesn't jump, but it is often duplicated in the same position on both screens. This does not happen when I configure the display positions so there is a gap between them - but I don't want to do that because it leads to other unrelated problems with the multimonitor implementation in freeRDP.

This is extremely annoying for scrolling, closing/maximizing windows, etc. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I imagine more information is necessary, but I am not sure what kind of information. Let me know what details would be helpful to get to the bottom of this!

Thanks & best wishes!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Flickering/jumping mouse cursor with triple display configuration

Post by SMG »

tobiasre wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:25 amI am running the Mint 20.2 XFCE on a ThinkPad Carbon X1. I have two external displays connected to the ThinkPad through a Lenovo USB-C Docking Station. The horizontal ordering is Laptop display - Primary external display - Other external display.
Welcome to the forum, tobiasre.

Let's start with the information requested in Section 5 of READ: How To Get Help!. Please give us information about your install by entering this command in a terminal: inxi -Fxxxrz
Click </> from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply and then place your cursor between the code markers and paste the results of the command between the code markers [code]Results[/code]. This will let us know how Mint sees your hardware.

General display info for Xfce is here, but it is possible your system may need a newer kernel than you are using. We need to see your data before making that determination.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”