Touchscreen Not Enabled/Recognized

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
arcsine_
Level 1
Level 1

Touchscreen Not Enabled/Recognized

Post by arcsine_ »

I recently bought this chromebook:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RM ... UTF8&psc=1

(I can't seem to find the model listed on the lenovo site with more specific specifications)

I installed Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon, and for the most part it works fine, it even managed to find the video drivers, but the touchscreen is not responsive, and I don't really know where to begin troubleshooting it. Googling around it seems that in most cases the kernel driver is supposed to recognize and drive the touchscreen, but for whatever reason that's not working in this case. Please let me know if there is any additional info you need to help me troubleshoot this issue.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Touchscreen Not Enabled/Recognized

Post by SMG »

arcsine_ wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:45 am I recently bought this chromebook:
(I can't seem to find the model listed on the lenovo site with more specific specifications)
Please give us information about your install by entering this command in a terminal: inxi -Fxxxrz
Click </> from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply and then place your cursor between the code markers and paste the results of the command between the code markers [code]Results[/code]. This will let us know how Mint sees your hardware.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
arcsine_
Level 1
Level 1

Post by arcsine_ »

Hey sorry for the mega late response, but I abandoned trying to get it to work with Linux Mint. I decided to use Manjaro instead, which ships with a later kernel. I still had to do some fiddling, but I managed to get everything working after a lot of trial and error. Just in case anybody is considering getting this chromebook and trying to put linux on it (because it is a very good deal for the hardware) it can be done, but expect to do a lot of troubleshooting.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

arcsine_ wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:18 pm Hey sorry for the mega late response, but I abandoned trying to get it to work with Linux Mint. I decided to use Manjaro instead, which ships with a later kernel.
We ask for your system information and how Mint views it so we know whether or not you are using the most appropriate kernel for your hardware.

You did not indicate whether you installed Linux Mint 20.2 with the 5.4 kernel or whether you installed the Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon Edge edition which comes with the 5.11 kernel. There is also a 5.13-oem kernel available and some people have used it with their Mint installs. That means it is likely you could have gotten a "later kernel" with Mint just like you did with Manjaro. That is something to keep in mind should you decide to again install Mint in the future.

Now that you have everything working; it's time for you to just enjoy your computer. :)
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”