3rd monitor not detected

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dorlow
Level 1
Level 1

3rd monitor not detected

Post by dorlow »

I have an nvidia geforce gtx 1650 video card that supports 3 monitors. It works just fine in Windows. With Linux Mint, only 2 of the monitors turn on. I have loaded Linux in the past and all 3 worked then. Not sure what's different this time. How do I enable the 3rd monitor?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: 3rd monitor not detected

Post by SMG »

dorlow wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:06 pm I have an nvidia geforce gtx 1650 video card that supports 3 monitors. It works just fine in Windows. With Linux Mint, only 2 of the monitors turn on. I have loaded Linux in the past and all 3 worked then. Not sure what's different this time. How do I enable the 3rd monitor?
Have you checked to make sure all the cables are securely connected both at the monitor and the GPU? Windows, generally, is a little more forgiving when monitor connections are not secured tightly.

Let us know how you are connecting each of the monitors (HDMI, DP, etc) and what the make and model number is of the monitor which does not want to come on.

Please also give us information about your install by entering this command in a terminal: inxi -Fxxxrz
Click </> from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply and then place your cursor between the code markers and paste the results of the command between the code markers [code]Results[/code]. This will let us know how Mint sees your hardware.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”