Second monitor on Intel HD Graphics 4000

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Adeno
Level 1
Level 1

Second monitor on Intel HD Graphics 4000

Post by Adeno »

This issue is identical to mine so I don't want to open another topic. Any news on this? I have W530 and the dock with additional ports. Does the dock DVI and Display Port connectors connect to Nvidia or the internal GPU? I once tried to set the Intel GPU but I lost the external monitor. There is an option in the Nvidia settings to choose the Intel for power save mode. But does the whole Nvidia driver need to be removed if it causes conflict after all?

I was and still am battling with the fan noise issues laid out here on this thread..

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=357048&p=2070904#p2070904
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Adeno
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Second monitor on Intel HD Graphics 4000

Post by Adeno »

I found out the Nvidia Optimus support was introduced already on Ulyana version a year or so later than his post was made. Maybe it should solve some problems discussed here, but my issue of losing the external monitor when switching to Intel HD 4000 driver remains.

https://www.linuxmint.com/rel_ulyana_ci ... atsnew.php
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Second monitor on Intel HD Graphics 4000

Post by SMG »

Moderator Note: Linux Mint versions change over time, so we ask that in the future you create a new thread for your issues rather than posting in old topics. I have already created the new thread, but it would help others assisting you if you supply system data as described Section 5 of READ: How To Get Help!
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”