NVIDIA 470.74 driver shows 'no signal' when CSGO is opened

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tangry
Level 1
Level 1

NVIDIA 470.74 driver shows 'no signal' when CSGO is opened

Post by tangry »

hi, I'm posting this as a heads up more than a query on how to fix.

I don't play a lot of games but I do play CSGO.

I had been using the 470.63.01 driver which worked fine, but after updating to the latest Nvidia driver 470.74 yesterday I would get a 'no display signal' message on the monitor when I opened CSGO, (basically what you'd expect to see if the display port had been unplugged.)

Strangely, I could still alt + tab from the 'no display signal' screen back to my desktop screen which had the web browser open in the background. The desktop would then display perfectly and weirder still was that I could then hover my mouse over CSGO in the taskbar and it would show what I should be seeing if CSGO had window focus. But switching to CSGO gave the same 'no signal' view.

For now I've timeshifted (I love timeshift) back to yesterday, effectively re-applying the 470.63.01 driver, and have paused the 470.74 update. CSGO is loading fine with the older driver.

edit: Sorry, I probably should have mentioned that my monitor is a Dell S2721DGF and my graphics card is a Nvidia 2080 Super.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”