Laptop with Intel & Nvidia chip

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
saintware
Level 1
Level 1

Laptop with Intel & Nvidia chip

Post by saintware »

That's right guys, another dolt with nvidia issues here. I downloaded the Nvidia drivers from the Driver Manager, it all works like a charm (I think):

The Nvidia X Server app is there:

Haven't tested a game just yet, but I noticed I don't have the PRIME thing in the bottom on the X Server app, which I believe means something is not right. How am I supposed to switch to Intel when I'm not doing anything graphic-intensive?

Thank you so very much for your attention, I hope someone can help me out with this. I really want to stay on Linux for good and this is the only problem I've encountered so far, thankfully. Cheers!

Btw, here are my sad specs:
CPU - Intel Core i3 M 370 @ 2.40 GHz
GPU - Nvidia GeForce 320M

Kernel is 5.4.0-89-generic, Linux Mint 20.02 CINNAMON.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Laptop with Intel & Nvidia chip

Post by SMG »

saintware wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:12 pmBtw, here are my sad specs:
CPU - Intel Core i3 M 370 @ 2.40 GHz
GPU - Nvidia GeForce 320M

Kernel is 5.4.0-89-generic, Linux Mint 20.02 CINNAMON.
Welcome to the forum, saintware.

We need to know more information about your hardware to be able to help you. Please give us information about your install by entering this command in a terminal: inxi -Fxxxrz
Click </> from the mini toolbar above the textbox where you type your reply and then place your cursor between the code markers and paste the results of the command between the code markers [code]Results[/code]. This will let us know how Mint sees your hardware.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”