XServer, it was working and I broke it...[Solved]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
march0514s
Level 1
Level 1

XServer, it was working and I broke it...[Solved]

Post by march0514s »

Hi there!
This is my first post, so, I apologise if I'm doing something wrong here.

I've installed Linux mint friday, and it was all working well, until I've decided to update my video driver for a nvidia proprietary one.

The installation was successful, but after that, I tried to install an email client and the terminal gave me an output (no, I don't remember the output as it was written, sorry for that) asking me to type sudo dpkg --configure -a, to fix apt-get. I did it, and it asked me to set a password and after that, it did a lot of stuff and reboot itself, and during the boot process, it showed me some options, but I skip it, and now my second monitor is not being detected.

I already tried changing the xconf file, but I ended up with both monitors not working, after some moments of teror, I was ablet to fix it using nvidia-xconf in root.

How can I get my second monitor working again?
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
march0514s
Level 1
Level 1

Re: XServer, it was working and I broke it...

Post by march0514s »

I was able to solve it by uninstalling the proprietary drivers and installing the opensource version of them.
Thanks anyway!

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”