Screen resolution, 3D Acceleration, nVidia, ATI
Forum rules
Before you post please read this
runbei
Level 3
Level 3

Dual monitors - a couple of questions

Post by runbei » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:08 pm

I'm using a ThinkPad T43 with a Dell 16" LCD external monitor connected to the video part on the laptop. Couple of questions:

1. The external display doesn't show properly after a Suspend. When the Laptop wakes up, the external monitor shows the same image as the laptop monitor, and it is inactive - e.g., the "x" to close a window changes color when I click it, but nothing happens. Obviously this is very inconvenient, as I use dual monitors often. Is there a fix?

2. It would be great if Skype and other applications did NOT open on the external monitor! It means I have to keep the external monitor turned on to answer Skype calls, etc. Is there a way to force all apps to open in the main display?

Husse
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Dual monitors - a couple of questions

Post by Husse » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:40 pm

Please read the simple rules
in the link in the red box on top of the page
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it

COKEDUDE
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Dual monitors - a couple of questions

Post by COKEDUDE » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:03 am

runbei wrote:I'm using a ThinkPad T43 with a Dell 16" LCD external monitor connected to the video part on the laptop. Couple of questions:

1. The external display doesn't show properly after a Suspend. When the Laptop wakes up, the external monitor shows the same image as the laptop monitor, and it is inactive - e.g., the "x" to close a window changes color when I click it, but nothing happens. Obviously this is very inconvenient, as I use dual monitors often. Is there a fix?

2. It would be great if Skype and other applications did NOT open on the external monitor! It means I have to keep the external monitor turned on to answer Skype calls, etc. Is there a way to force all apps to open in the main display?
For your first question this should help.

Code: Select all

$ xrandr --output VGA1 --mode 1024X768 --rate 60
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/Resolu ... %20monitor

Not sure about your second question.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”