Integrated ATI Radeon 4200 boned

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MintyFree

Integrated ATI Radeon 4200 boned

Post by MintyFree »

Installed proprietary drivers in Ubuntu 10.04, didn't work at all. Cap below:

Would using LM 10 (Ubuntu 10.10) possibly fix the problem? I'm burning Mint now and will see what'll happen but if it doesn't work help would be appriciated. Mabye someone here knows a fix for it.

Cheers,
Poppy
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mick55

Re: Integrated ATI Radeon 4200 boned

Post by mick55 »

Did you install the proprietary drivers available in Linux Mint?

Or, did you install the ATI Catalyst™ 10.11 Proprietary Linux x86 Display Driver?

I installed the ATI Catalyst™ 10.11 Proprietary Linux x86 Display Driver for my ATI HD 5450 and have no problems, (well, except for the fact that it's a really crappy card). :wink:

As soon as my Nvidia GTS 450 arrives the ATI is history. :mrgreen:

mick
MintyFree

Post by MintyFree »

mick55 wrote:Did you install the proprietary drivers available in Linux Mint?

Or, did you install the ATI Catalyst™ 10.11 Proprietary Linux x86 Display Driver?

I installed the ATI Catalyst™ 10.11 Proprietary Linux x86 Display Driver for my ATI HD 5450 and have no problems, (well, except for the fact that it's a really crappy card). :wink:

As soon as my Nvidia GTS 450 arrives the ATI is history. :mrgreen:

mick
I installed the Catalyst driver for Ubuntu and it knew what my chip was b/c it said ATI Radeon 4200 n such but was screwed up. I'll be installing LM10 as soon as the TV is free (mum is watching Transformers on HBO atm) but I don't really think it'll help. I'll try though.
mick55

Post by mick55 »

I downloaded the driver from ATI.com and manually installed it.

I did not try and use the drivers built in to Mint/Ubuntu.

My question was phrased very badly. :lol:

mick
MintyFree

Post by MintyFree »

I might try the beta drivers from the site but I think I've already done all that can be done. I installed the driver and nothing's messed up it's just not in the margins like it's supposed to. If I could shrink down the display so everything fit on the screen I'd be good. I'm using compiz n all that b/c the acceleration is working fine but the display is off. If only someone would help...

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”