Dualscreen and Touchscreen

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
otternase

Dualscreen and Touchscreen

Post by otternase »

Hi

I'm using two monitors arranged side-by-side spanning together an area of 3840x1200. One of these two displays (the left one) is a touchscreen monitor.

The problem is, that whenever I try using the touchscreen the position detected is translated to a position relative to the whole display area.
Example: I touch the left screen in the middle, the position the mouse pointer is set to should therefore be 960,600 but actually it's set to 1920,600, when touching position 1500,500 the pointer is set to 3000,500 and so on.

I tried fiddling around with
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf
putting in different values for the calibration option, but to no avail.

xinput-calibrator doesn't work as two of the calibration points are outside the touch area, therefore the calibration process can not be done.

How can I set Linux so that a touch position on the touchscreen is not translated into a position on the dualscreen, but to the actual psotition I pointed to?

Thanks a lot
Markus
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Dualscreen and Touchscreen

Post by xenopeek »

This sounds like a rather complicated issue. Perhaps it is worth trying to configure the monitors to display a virtual desktops each, instead of having them be a stretched single desktop? This would be something to configure in your graphics card configuration software, I think.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”