Dell 1907FP flicker (+ poor text display on Viewsonic 24")

Screen resolution, 3D Acceleration, nVidia, ATI
Forum rules
Before you post please read this
Artichoke
Level 1
Level 1

Dell 1907FP flicker (+ poor text display on Viewsonic 24")

Post by Artichoke »

Dear all,

I have a Dell 1907FP LCD monitor that I'm quite fond of. It has begin flickering slightly, momentarily dimming a little and then returning to normal brightness. It doesn't do it all the time, the problem seems to come and go randomly. I have tried both VGA and DVI connections with the same result.

What might the potential problem be? Is the monitor on its way out? That would be tragic because I'm picking that it's probably a minor fault that will nonetheless be too expensive to fix, and I'll be forced to throw it out and buy a new one.

This would be a shame. I borrowed a 24" Viewsonic VX2433WM from work, and the screen is actually not as tall as the 4:3 ratio Dell 19" (just loads of excess side real estate), and the image is nowhere near as sharp and bright (despite much twiddling with the settings). In fact the Viewsonic's text rendering seems quite poor to me. Is this other people's experience?
Artichoke
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Dell 1907FP flicker (+ poor text display on Viewsonic 24

Post by Artichoke »

Oh dear! I'm beginning to think that the Forum might these days be a victim of its own success. Most times I post a question it remains unanswered, and rapidly falls down the list of topics until it's several screens in and no longer seen...

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”