[Solved] Donating to Linux Mint -- Help!

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nalinratnakar
Level 1
Level 1

[Solved] Donating to Linux Mint -- Help!

Post by nalinratnakar »

Hello all,
I've been using Linux Mint for the past few years and it has been my daily driver since then.
Linux Mint is just awesome. Fell in love and diched Windows for good.

I tried to support the project by donating a small contribution now and then but it seems i am unable to do so.
I tried donating using Debit Card/Credit Card option as i'm not keen in opening a PayPal account just for donating.
But it seems that i cant send donations to this recipient as it is not supported in my country.

Screenshot is attached for reference-

You could add more options as well other than PayPal and Bitcoin. Maybe payment through Skrill or other such online payment options.

Anyways keep up the good work. We all really appreciate your efforts.

Regards-
NalinRatnakar
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Donating to Linux Mint -- Help!!!

Post by xenopeek »

Thanks for wanting to support the Linux Mint developers! Unfortunately Paypal doesn't work from your country. Please consider using Patreon or crypto currencies instead. Both are also on the donor page. While Patreon is for monthly recurring payments, you could cancel after the first month and that immediately stops all future payments—effectively making it a one time payment. Patreon should work from your country. If this is not possible we recommend donating to upstream projects or local open-source initiatives.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Re: Donating to Linux Mint -- Help!!!

Post by AZgl1800 »

xenopeek wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:40 am Thanks for wanting to support the Linux Mint developers! Unfortunately Paypal doesn't work from your country. Please consider using Patreon or crypto currencies instead. Both are also on the donor page. While Patreon is for monthly recurring payments, you could cancel after the first month and that immediately stops all future payments—effectively making it a one time payment. Patreon should work from your country. If this is not possible we recommend donating to upstream projects or local open-source initiatives.
I wanted to do it just once, but then decided to go monthly for the minimum amount, at the end of the year, it was about the same as I wanted to help out via Patreon
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint

Return to “Non-technical Questions”