Wall art programs

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
notaclue
Level 1
Level 1

Wall art programs

Post by notaclue »

Is there a program that is similar to the Rastibation program for Windows?

What that wall art program does is take your image and can turn it into a printable poster on paper ETC. So if you want a image you can choose on a A4 paper 6 pages down and say 8 or 10 pages across. From there you build up your image on the wall with how you wish it to be, how many DPI and all that.

Is there any online or is there a program that can do this with a standard printer instead of going to a actual printer and printing off and paying someone else to do it.
Last edited by LockBot on Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Wall art programs

Post by Moem »

Sure! Try http://posterizer.online/rasterbator/
I found it by typing 'raster wall art generator' into my search engine of choice.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
rickNS
Level 9
Level 9

Post by rickNS »

As another option posterazor is in the software manager. (good reviews)
Mint 20.0, and 21.0 MATE on Thinkpads, 3 X T420, T450, T470, and X200
Marksall
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Marksall »

You can try Pinta, it's a free, open-source image editing program that is similar to Windows Paint. It is available for Linux, Windows, and macOS. Pinta has a posterization feature that allows you to divide an image into multiple sections for printing.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Marksall wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:48 am Pinta has a posterization feature that allows you to divide an image into multiple sections for printing.
Interesting! Where do I find that feature? It's surprising, because Pinta doesn't have a print button.
I do know where to find the 'Posterize' feature, but that is a way to reduce color depth.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Non-technical Questions”