Mint Upload

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Fred
Level 10
Level 10

Mint Upload

Post by Fred »

I am using Mint 4 KDE and am not familiar with Mint upload. I would be interested in a service that would allow me access to online storage, A ftp type service that I could use privately and also an area to make files available to the general public. There are many schemes to do this.

I am confident that others would be also. I wouldn't expect this service to be free of charge. Bandwidth and storage cost money. If there was enough interest it could be another revenue stream for Mint.

I certainly wouldn't mind paying a reasonable monthly or quarterly fee for this service, especially when I knew it was providing revenue to further develop Mint.

Just a thought.

Fred
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and each time expecting a different result.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on the menu. Liberty is an armed lamb protesting the electoral outcome. A Republic negates the need for an armed protest.
Fred
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Mint Upload

Post by Fred »

Ed,

I don't know. Maybe I should eat my own dog food, as the saying goes, and read the guide before asking questions. :-)

Fred
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and each time expecting a different result.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on the menu. Liberty is an armed lamb protesting the electoral outcome. A Republic negates the need for an armed protest.
Wh1sper
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Mint Upload

Post by Wh1sper »

For me as a rootserver user this anonymous short time space makes not very much sense.
But the idea is pretty cool.
One could extend it to upload via rightclick the own webspace...
Mein Blog fuer Nerten und Linux Strategen http://zockertown.de/s9y/

Return to “Non-technical Questions”