Linux Mint 15 RC – bug reports

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
aelfinn

Linux Mint 15 RC – bug reports

Post by aelfinn »

I’ve been running the LM15 Olivia RC (Cinnamon 64-bit) for a couple of hours, and it’s looking very good indeed.

A couple of bugs, though:

– My machine (an Acer 1810TZ) won’t shut down properly. After the modem-manager says its usual “caught signal 15, shutting down”, nothing happens.

– Show/Hide delay for the panel (in autohide mode) doesn’t work. Didn’t work in LM14, either, btw.

– Keyboard shortcuts for custom launchers using the Windows key (Super) do not work. (They do work e.g. for switching workspaces, so in principle they do work.) This was reported months ago, and it’s a little disappointing to see this bug still alive and well.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: Linux Mint 15 RC – bug reports

Post by zerozero »

sammiev

Post by sammiev »

zerozero wrote:i believe you saw this?
http://segfault.linuxmint.com/2013/05/g ... -us-a-bit/
Yes I read that but I must say I love to play. So far so good all seems to be working very well on a fully Intel based computer.
aelfinn

Post by aelfinn »

zerozero wrote:i believe you saw this?
http://segfault.linuxmint.com/2013/05/g ... -us-a-bit/
In fact, I did not. But then I believe you saw that a) I didn’t complain and b) I reported two bugs that have been present in Cinnamon for months?

Also, that URL is now the third or fourth place I am learning of that you might post bugs. I have said this before, but dealing with bug reports should be taken more seriously by Mint devs. Whether it is on the forum, on the blog (when a release or RC announcement is posted), or on Launchpad, many bug reports seem to simply go unnoticed. See the two Cinnamon bugs I pointed out above. I should say this needs to be addressed.
justy39

Post by justy39 »

Also another Mint 15 Mate 64 bug.. Menu button disappears, leaving only the hide/show desktop button..
sammiev

Post by sammiev »

A few bugs with Cinnamon & 15 RC. Adds the ppa but not the key. Other wise looking pretty good.
aelfinn

Post by aelfinn »

All three bugs I reported have been (mostly) fixed by now. Only thing that remains is that Windows key shortcuts are not completely functional: they don’t seem to be working for the Glippy hotkey (no problem in the MATE edition); and the shortcut for the launcher “Launch terminal” won’t accept a Windows key shortcut, which can be worked around by creating a custom shortcut for gnome-terminal which will then accept the Windows key shortcut.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”