Wish List

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
euthypro
Level 3
Level 3

nautilus-scripts

Post by euthypro »

nautilus-scripts, available from automatix, allows you to right click and open nautilus or gedit as root anywhere. Not as flexible as Mepis, but it's a start.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi Inept,

We'll start shipping Bianca worldwide very soon (hopefully before the end of next week if things go as planned). The price is a little more than $14 :)

It's $30. It's all inclusive (shipping, taxes included). The CD is nicely printed and inserted in a beautifully designed DVD case, with a copy of The Linux Mint Tips And Tricks (a 12 pages booklet of tips and tricks about Mint, mintDisk, mintMenu...etc).

Alternatively you can order Mint CDs for only a few bucks from other sources and make a separate donation of the amount of your choice from the linuxmint.com page.

PS: Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.
Clem
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

I fully support the idea of having a twin-panel file browser included... and of course when I say twin-panel I mean gnome-commander :)

(maybe krusader for the KDE version?)

also... the version of gnome-commander should be the latest one from their site, not the one from the repos as that one has no SMB support...
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

I've used krusader for months and than forced myself to review gnome-commander again... the latest version that finally features SMB is usable for my taste, but works (at least under gnome) lightning fast compared to krusader... that's why I dropped it completely and am using gnome-commander now.
glas
Level 2
Level 2

Post by glas »

I also used to use Mepis but have moved on. Why? Let's just say that with every new designer 'feature' it added on, a user 'benefit' was lost.

Having said that i still have a old 3.3.1 version of Mepis on a box at work that I use to download and burn ISO's. It's a reliable workhorse - though it's Debian-based repository sources are no longer available and that version is no longer supported,

If there was one aspect of Mint I'd like to see improved is in the area of permissions. I have been having trouble getting read/write access to anything but the hard drive (i.e. floppies & pen-drives).

Knoppix, an excellent 'live' distro (better 'live' than installed) facilitates right-clicking to mount, unmount, and alter read/write permissions. Simple, fast, easy, effective. Would it be too difficult to introduce a similar setup in Mint?

That's top of my list!

Return to “Non-technical Questions”