Mint 15 support time (EOL?) and upgrade stability.

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LinFly

Re: Mint 15 support time (EOL?) and upgrade stability.

Post by LinFly »

Again want to say sorry.
i get a bit tired off all theoperatings systesm that have so it bad sides.
And mint 15 xfce is really good.

well previous mint versions did have a cripled ruined google search page. and some hinting driveing you nuts.
But maby thats fixt meanwhile in mint 13

you mean 13 can be upgraded to 17 wiyjout reinstall ? that woudl be good.
I think also that it maby muist be more clear what mint version is good for what function.

I go try mint 13.
LinFly

Post by LinFly »

Tried mint 13 as desktop. it worked not to bad. more problems. a few where no fixt when i did select other kernel
and things where uhmm screwed. also mint 13 have old nvidia driver r319. Thanks for all help. but i skip a few years linux as dekstop outside Virtual machine.
But sofar it looks like mint is good replacement for ubuntu 10.04 in virtual machine.
LinFly

Post by LinFly »

I tried already mint 13, there's lots wrong with. first because its to old for me hardware and containing bugs and problems
updates did not fix. the lowest mint version that works right is mint 15. and like you know that have a very short support.

Meanwhile running the better windows 7 or 8 systems, that works at least normal with hardware.
Maby when am in the mood i try mint 17 when its available. But you still need windows in virtual machine.
Linux cannot replace all software. wasted 2 weeks on tesyting linux versions, and that where enough.

Otherwise, juts need to wait another few years and hope its just as good as windows.
konjad

Post by konjad »

After reading your posts it's clear what you need is Windows and not Linux, therefore I'd recommend just staying with Windows. There is no reason for you to move to Linux and enough reasons to stay with Windows. There is no need to force yourself to change when it won't bring you any advantages or when they are dimnished by drawbacks.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”