No updates?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
magnus0
Level 1
Level 1

No updates?

Post by magnus0 »

There have been no updates for a week now. Is it me or what?
rfpa
Level 2
Level 2

Re: No updates?

Post by rfpa »

That could be good. Maybe it means that there is nothing particularly serious to fix or updade. :)
Lantesh
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Lantesh »

I installed my share, but they've been level 3 updates. I don't think I've seen level 1 and 2.
Rob Brill
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Rob Brill »

Hi,

Really in doubt

This evening (Brazil)

After installing and spending some time playing with Linux Mint KDE CE 5 RC1 Elyssa i restarted the computer
and back to Mint Main Edition Gnome 5 Elyssa. I clicked on mintupdate icon to check for updates and received
a list of updates. Ok, Among these updates, a new mintupdate version 3.1 was listed. I agree with the updates
and clicked on install updates. Mintupdate v. 3.1 (synaptic confirms) was installed. What about the the others
listed. I am really in doubt if they were installed. ( mintupdate v,3.1 has a new GUI) different from v. 2,7 in KDE .
At that moment mintupdate starts to work and stopped. The GUI jump out again showing the same updates listed.
I confirmed again for doing the updates then mintupdate manager disappeared. I could see that nothing was done.
Open it again and noticed the new mintupdate version 3.1

I can't remember what sort of updates were listed together
Now i request for updates through mintupdate v.3.1
No updates available... I will try to check the logs having the date and time for guiding me.

PS: I have Romeo repository enable to my sources.list

Cheers
Roberto
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

That's the problem when you update something which is currently running.. it's still running the old code.. but the files it's using have been modified. In your case mintUpdate 2.7 was probably looking for config files which are not stored in /usr/lib/linuxmint/mintUpdate anymore. I would suggest to re-launch mintUpdate after you've updated it (same goes for all software).

Clem.
Rob Brill
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Rob Brill »

clem wrote:That's the problem when you update something which is currently running.. it's still running the old code.. but the files it's using have been modified. In your case mintUpdate 2.7 was probably looking for config files which are not stored in /usr/lib/linuxmint/mintUpdate anymore. I would suggest to re-launch mintUpdate after you've updated it (same goes for all software).

Clem.

Alright Clem,
That's undertood
Thanks for your reply :wink:

blog link - mintUpdate v.3.1

http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=232

cheers
Roberto

Return to “Non-technical Questions”