Donation

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AnalogueMan
Level 3
Level 3

Donation

Post by AnalogueMan »

Hello,
Yesterday I made a donation to Linux Mint using PayPal.
Have received a confirmation where PayPal states that the donation
went to lm@linuxmint.com:'Web shop'. Is this correct? :?:
Analogue man in a digital world
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Donation

Post by xenopeek »

I think so; AFAIK Clem handles the donations at least once a month, so you should be receiving an email with login link to your donor profile page within a week or two. On the donor profile page you can set your display name and some other options.
AnalogueMan
Level 3
Level 3

Post by AnalogueMan »

Thank you fellow-countryman!
Analogue man in a digital world
OhioJB
Level 1
Level 1

Post by OhioJB »

xenopeek wrote:I think so; AFAIK Clem handles the donations at least once a month, so you should be receiving an email with login link to your donor profile page within a week or two. On the donor profile page you can set your display name and some other options.
I'm curious if donations are still handled like this, as far as receiving a login link to a donor profile page. I made a small donation on July 17th, and haven't received the email you described. It's only August 1st so maybe it's all handled at one time after month's end. It's a small thing but it'd be nice to have the number of times I've donated notated next to the amount of my donation as others do. I've only made the one donation so far but plan to make more.
jamax

Post by jamax »

hey there,i made a donation with my creditcard trough PAYPAL *LINUX MINT.and only got a reply from PayPal,not from mint and not on the donation list,how many days does it take to get a reply and listing?
my compliments to the mint team for building a great os/distro,i use it the most.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

xenopeek wrote:Clem handles the donations at least once a month
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MtnDewManiac »

xenopeek wrote:On the donor profile page you can set your display name and some other options.
Do tell. What other bonuses are available to those who donate? The ability to use an animated .GIF for an avatar? A link to the better forum (there was a thread about the possibility of upgrading to one a while back, but time passed and we're still stuck with this one, so I started to wonder if maybe it was only available to Gold Members or something)? A link to an .ISO download page that becomes active two weeks before the rest of us can download the release candidates? Something else?
Pierre wrote:you can support Mint in others ways:
- buy their promotional products, that they get a commission on ..
eg: MintBox // DvDs - which are supplied by a 3rd party & the Mint project gets a small commission
I can't afford to donate. But I have advanced Mint as an OS choice whenever and wherever possible and have personally installed it for lots of people, some of whom (unlike myself) are eating pretty good, both figuratively and literally. In every case, I made sure to mention that Mint is absolutely free to download/install/use/modify to their heart's content, unlike Apple's and Microsoft's offerings - and that donations are both accepted and appreciated. IDK if anyone that I've introduced to Mint has donated, but I hope so. When I was still able to burn DVDs and print things up, I also dropped off little "Mint packages" to libraries to loan to their patrons. (I've done that with a couple of other distros, too. Choice and all that...)

As for the rumor that I once installed linux on "a few" display computers in some retail stores, well, I can't comment on that.

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

MtnDewManiac wrote:
I can't afford to donate. But I have advanced Mint as an OS choice whenever and wherever possible and have personally installed it for lots of people, some of whom (unlike myself) are eating pretty good, both figuratively and literally. In every case, I made sure to mention that Mint is absolutely free to download/install/use/modify to their heart's content, unlike Apple's and Microsoft's offerings - and that donations are both accepted and appreciated. IDK if anyone that I've introduced to Mint has donated, but I hope so. When I was still able to burn DVDs and print things up, I also dropped off little "Mint packages" to libraries to loan to their patrons. (I've done that with a couple of other distros, too. Choice and all that...)

As for the rumor that I once installed linux on "a few" display computers in some retail stores, well, I can't comment on that.

Regards,
MDM
by doing that stuff - you are helping to promote the World of Linux and LinuxMint in particular.

anyway you really need increase the number of "display computers" in those retail stores .. .. ..
:lol:
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MtnDewManiac »

Pierre wrote:anyway you really need increase the number of "display computers" in those retail stores .. .. ..
:lol:
Yeah, I know. But it's not so easy now that the clerks don't all seem to smoke (and, thus, sneak away whenever they can) - although their cell phones seem to distract a lot of them (generally when people are trying to get help :roll: ).

Besides, imagine being new to computers, playing with Mint at a store, buying the computer, taking it home and unboxing it, turning it on...

...And discovering Microsoft Windows 8 (et cetera) on it :lol: .

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
chrissuninchina

Post by chrissuninchina »

Besides, imagine being new to computers, playing with Mint at a store, buying the computer, taking it home and unboxing it, turning it on...

...And discovering Microsoft Windows 8 (et cetera) on it :lol: .
That would be a pretty rude awakening...I'd take MS-DOS over Windows 8. :D
dj23rus

Post by dj23rus »

Already sent 10 USD on bitcoin address: 13JszmQDACVvb6XxPwEb1TzzCyoooQ9WKH with description "dj23rus donate"
dj23rus

Post by dj23rus »

My name is not on the November list of donations. Could you check the received money? So I next tried another way to transfer money
Thanks!
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

The list of donations in November will be shown on the blog in December. The list on the November blog is for October.
Locking the thread, because it's too old and should now be allowed to rest. Please do not revive old threads. Thanks!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Non-technical Questions”