Not trying to annoy you or anything, but I'd like some info

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Ssurno
Level 1
Level 1

Not trying to annoy you or anything, but I'd like some info

Post by Ssurno » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:16 pm

Im not try to annoy you with "when" questions, but when is KDE CE Felicia coming out? You don't have to give me a certain date, but I would appreciate it if you could give me a somewhat accurate time period of its release. I prefer KDE over GNOME, so I would like some general info about the Felicia CE. I'm new here, so please don't get mad at me if this has already been covered. I just haven't been able to find the answers to some of my questions regarding this issue.

Husse
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Not trying to annoy you or anything, but I'd like some info

Post by Husse » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:41 pm

Uncertain
KDE 4 is no good as you may know so Boo is studying 4.2 to see if we should wait for it or keep with 4.1
In short we are not happy releasing some substandard edition
There are also some other problems but they can be overcome
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it

changturkey
Level 1
Level 1

Post by changturkey » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:15 pm

Kubuntu will be backporting 4.2 when it is released...I've tried 4.1 and 4.2, and can honestly say that 4.2, even as a beta, is miles ahead of 4.1. The 4.2 RC is due the first week of January..

Ssurno
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Ssurno » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:09 pm

Uncertain
KDE 4 is no good as you may know so Boo is studying 4.2 to see if we should wait for it or keep with 4.1
In short we are not happy releasing some substandard edition
There are also some other problems but they can be overcome
I see. I'm sure that releasing a CE with the new KDE can be a daunting task. I'm glad that you don't want to release just some mediocre substandard edition, and I respect you guys for studying the situation and thinking it over. I heard a lot of great things about your KDE CE, and I will try the new one as soon it is available. For now, I can wait.
Kubuntu will be backporting 4.2 when it is released...I've tried 4.1 and 4.2, and can honestly say that 4.2, even as a beta, is miles ahead of 4.1. The 4.2 RC is due the first week of January..
I heard that KDE is improving just as you have said. Thank you for the date, I'll use it when it is released in January. For now I'll use GNOME for stability.

changturkey
Level 1
Level 1

Post by changturkey » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:42 pm

The final release is slated for Jan. 27th.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”