<SOLVED> View forum in a mobile format

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Linny
Level 2
Level 2

<SOLVED> View forum in a mobile format

Post by Linny »

Is there a way to view these forums in a mobile format? It is a bit awkward viewing this on a cell phone like I am now.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vickycq

Re: View forum in a mobile format

Post by vickycq »

Alternatively you can use a browser with 'Fit to width' feature, like UC Browser on Android. In fact it works great on this forum.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

I just logged into the forums on an Android phone (Droid Charge), and it worked just fine for me. I use the Opera browser on my phone; I like it better than other browsers.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
chrissuninchina

Post by chrissuninchina »

Android users can also install Tapatalk to view the forums. It works decently well on my tablet, but the interface isn't as intuitive as it could be.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Post by JeremyB »

chrissuninchina wrote:Android users can also install Tapatalk to view the forums. It works decently well on my tablet, but the interface isn't as intuitive as it could be.
I use an older version of Tapatalk on my Android phone from before a lot of the changes. I see the newest version at least allows you to browse the forums without having to deal with a lot of menus
Linny
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Linny »

I opted to go with Opera. There seem to be security issues with UC Browser. (Google "Privacy and Security Issues with UC Browser - The Citizen Lab"). Tapatalk looks like a social media thing. These forums are about the closest thing to social media that I get involved in.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”