You might want to rethink having google ads on here.

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fragadelic
Level 4
Level 4

You might want to rethink having google ads on here.

Post by Fragadelic »

On almost every page there is a google ad, there is the Linux or Windows? which is a link to Microsoft get the facts website.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

:)

The content is based on the keywords found in the page. I guess the more we talk about Windows, the more the ads will as well :)

There's a "Repair for Windows XP" on top of my page at the moment. It's funny when you think that these Windows ads are actually targeting Linux users, but it's even more funny to think that, as an announcer, Microsoft is paying for that and somehow contributing to the Linux Mint project.
Fragadelic
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Fragadelic »

I stopped using my gmail account a while ago after I heard they keep everything indefinitely. Even when you delete your gmail, they keep a copy of every email you have ever received or sent for "government retrieval" legal purposes. They also keep your searches indefinitely so be careful what you google - lol.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”