From LMUE to LMDE

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Post Reply
adl88
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:39 am

From LMUE to LMDE

Post by adl88 » Mon May 09, 2016 1:11 am

Good morning guys,

do anyone knows more about the rumor that the mint team wants to change the focus from Linux Mint Ubuntu Edition (I like the name as opposite) to Linux Mint Debian Edition to make them more independent? Are there any concrete plans when this should go on? I would like it.

User avatar
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12
Posts: 4207
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Bumping around in the bush

Re: From LMUE to LMDE

Post by Fred Barclay » Mon May 09, 2016 10:00 am

That sounds like what you said, a rumour, nothing more. :)
Every time Clem is questioned on it, he's said that there are no plans to drop normal Mint (LMUE) as it is easily the most popular of the two. The closest I recall him saying anything like what you've mentioned is when he said (IIRC) that LMDE did give the Mint project a backup plan in case something disastrous occurred with Ubuntu.

So while most of us on LMDE would love to see it get more attention as the main Mint distro, I think that's highly unlikely in the near future.
Hope this helps!
Fred

PS. Do you have a link or something that actually says that the Mint team wants to move to LMDE? How did you hear this?
Image
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein

Habitual
Level 13
Level 13
Posts: 4870
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:31 pm
Location: 0.0.0.0

Re: From LMUE to LMDE

Post by Habitual » Mon May 09, 2016 10:23 am

Rumor Control. Here are the facts.

Cosmo.
Level 23
Level 23
Posts: 17830
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:34 am

Re: From LMUE to LMDE

Post by Cosmo. » Mon May 09, 2016 10:33 am

adl88 wrote:do anyone knows more about the rumor that the mint team wants to change the focus from Linux Mint Ubuntu Edition (I like the name as opposite) to Linux Mint Debian Edition to make them more independent?
Do the plans here (partly reaching until 18.1) look alike? The question alone is a rumor, but nothing more.

adl88
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:39 am

Re: From LMUE to LMDE

Post by adl88 » Mon May 09, 2016 12:22 pm

Fred Barclay wrote:Do you have a link or something that actually says that the Mint team wants to move to LMDE? How did you hear this?

I don't know. It's been a while somewhere on google. It sounded very definite. But thanks for the infos. What a bummer =/

Doug B
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:03 am

Re: From LMUE to LMDE

Post by Doug B » Mon May 09, 2016 12:46 pm

adl88 wrote:Good morning guys,

do anyone knows more about the rumor that the mint team wants to change the focus from Linux Mint Ubuntu Edition (I like the name as opposite) to Linux Mint Debian Edition to make them more independent? Are there any concrete plans when this should go on? I would like it.
And exactly what rumour is that? Can you please provide a link?

A rumour does not and can not contain concrete plans and vice versa. :roll:

adl88
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:39 am

Re: From LMUE to LMDE

Post by adl88 » Mon May 09, 2016 2:25 pm

A rumour does not and can not contain concrete plans and vice versa.
Yeah.... Internet is unknown territory for all of us. :wink:

Cosmo.
Level 23
Level 23
Posts: 17830
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:34 am

Re: From LMUE to LMDE

Post by Cosmo. » Mon May 09, 2016 4:27 pm

Another rumor says: Elvis lives. 8) And there are countless more.

Doug B
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:03 am

Re: From LMUE to LMDE

Post by Doug B » Mon May 09, 2016 8:23 pm

Cosmo. wrote:Another rumor says: Elvis lives. 8) And there are countless more.
No, really, it's TRUE!!! Not a rumour-honest, I read it on FarceBook! :lol:

calthax
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:47 pm

Re: From LMUE to LMDE

Post by calthax » Tue May 17, 2016 9:39 pm

Cosmo. wrote:Another rumor says: Elvis lives. 8) And there are countless more.
There's also a rumour about the Rubber Handle Sword in Castle Crashers that says you can get it if you dig the x the thief shoots over at the end.

Post Reply

Return to “Non-technical Questions”