Post your mouse and keyboard here.

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
grundblom

Re: Post your mouse and keyboard here.

Post by grundblom »

Linux Mint 18 Mate: working great

WASD V2 Keyboard
Razer Naga Mouse
Logitech M705 Wireless Mouse
FreedomTruth
Level 4
Level 4

Post by FreedomTruth »

Keyboard: Logitech G510 -- works except for the "G-keys" (macros) --- I had not very good luck with gnome15 / g15daemon and eventually just gave it up. Keys G1-G12 act as F1-F12 keys, and G13-G18 act as number 1-6 keys, and I don't see an easy way to fix that... Leaving it alone for now. Multimedia keys work. Have not tested headphone/microphone jack as I don't use them. At this point I wouldn't recommend this keyboard if you need those extra G-keys. I just mapped what I need to ctrl-G1, shift-G2, etc (which will also run with ctrl-F1, shift-F2).

Mouse: Logitech G600 -- works including the extra G-keys and wheel click left and right, with udev rule. Also mouse sensitivity/dpi buttons working.
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

Logitech keyboards (different models, trying a lit one since I can't see the keys as well any more. Damm black keyboards!) and my venerable Logitech Trackman trackball with all buttons functioning.

And the code to make it work[50-marblemouse.conf]:

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "Marble Mouse"
MatchProduct "Logitech USB Trackball"
MatchIsPointer "on"
MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
Driver "evdev"
Option "ButtonMapping" "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9"
Option "EmulateWheel" "true"
Option "EmulateWheelButton" "8"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
Option "XAxisMapping" "6 7"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
Option "EmulateWheelTimeout" "100"
Option "EmulateWheelInertia" "True"
EndSection
I have travelled 37629424162.9 miles in my lifetime

One thing I would suggest, create a partition as a 50G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home. IF the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.
Tomgin5
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Tomgin5 »

A whole gaggle of castrated rodents, mostly Microsoft. (1) Logitec Mx518, is my favorite mouse.
Desktop keyboard is a Saitek Eclipse II. I like the back lighting for night work.
Otherwise all are laptops:
Asus Eee PC 1001PX LM18 Cinnamon 64, Acer Aspire 4730Z LM17.3 Cinnamon 64, Toshiba Satellite U205 Windex XP/LM18 Cinnamon 64, (2) Toshiba Satellite L305 LM17.3 Cinnamon 64, Toshiba Satellite L505 LM17.3 Cinnamon 64, Vostro 1000 LM18 Cinnamon 64,
Old handbuilt pre SATA with Atom processor 2 gig ram LM 17.0 ver2 32 bit, Sony Vaio VGN-CS215J LM18 Cinnamon 64.
These are my current laptops with keyboards that include PRTSC/SYSRQ for the master reset REISUB combo for LM.
ndf

Post by ndf »

Hello.

Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2014:
I'm brand new to linux and it has worked since fresh install 3-4 days ago.

Razer Death Adder Chroma:
Downloaded razercfg so I could change my DPI to 1000. Works for me.
amethyst_igor

Post by amethyst_igor »

Etekcity Scroll Endurance Vertical Gaming Mouse: Optical USB Wired, Adjustable DPI, 6 Buttons, Removable Palm Rest and Thumb Buttons. It has cost me many a chess game.

Compaq PS/2 keyboard.
AmericanPi

Post by AmericanPi »

Hey ya'll!

I use a Rii K12, keyboard-touchpad combo
Model: RT-MWK12+
Layout: US
--and--
I use a wireless mouse from 5Below
no model number but here's a link https://www.fivebelow.com/wireless-mouse.html
xfrank
Level 5
Level 5

Post by xfrank »

I have a spare Logitech (don't remember the model) and several Ackteck and Vorago, both Mexican brands, reliable and cheap (they cost generally 5 to 8 US dollars). All wired, USB. I like to have 3-4 spare keyboards, if one stop working. Mouses the same, Logitech, Acteck and Vorago. For the laptops I use cheap Chinese wireless mouses with AA batteries (I avoid AAA, they don't last long).

I have to say that I still use a Microsoft mouse in my office. It's probably 5 years old and still very good. I hate to say this, but MS is not always the evil. :)
Active Distros in my computers: LM21.1 (Mate,Xfce); MXLinux (Xfce)
GlennJohnson
Level 2
Level 2

Post by GlennJohnson »

Logitech K330 wireless Keyboard / Mouse combo.
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

xfrank wrote:I have a spare Logitech (don't remember the model) and several Ackteck and Vorago, both Mexican brands, reliable and cheap (they cost generally 5 to 8 US dollars). All wired, USB. I like to have 3-4 spare keyboards, if one stop working. Mouses the same, Logitech, Acteck and Vorago. For the laptops I use cheap Chinese wireless mouses with AA batteries (I avoid AAA, they don't last long).

I have to say that I still use a Microsoft mouse in my office. It's probably 5 years old and still very good. I hate to say this, but MS is not always the evil. :)

Indeed. I still have a MS mouse (one of the original "wheel" mice) that still works quite well after 20 years...if I can find a PS/2 mouse port! ;)

One thing I would suggest, create a partition as a 50G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home. IF the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.
Tomgin5
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Tomgin5 »

I have several USB to PS1 and PS2 adaptersI picked up for 25 cents. That is less than postage.
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

Tomgin5 wrote:I have several USB to PS1 and PS2 adaptersI picked up for 25 cents. That is less than postage.

I tried that with an old keyboard but it was having issues. I have a bunch of black keyboards but can't see the keys as well any more, and tried a white keyboard because it's easier to see. But it didn't work well. I make enough typing errors on my own...;)

Draiton

Post by Draiton »

Hy

Linux Mint 18.1 on a Panasonic CF-52 - working great

Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Mouse
no problems - Battery monitor with Solaar
TheNerds

Post by TheNerds »

My favorite keyboard was salvaged along with a "high-end" dell laptop that somone was selling when they moved about 5 years ago . Not one of those rinky-dink disposable keyboards coming with most systems nowadays.

Dell (USB) Keyboard (model SK-8135)
I've seen similar one for sale online: "0DJ425 Dell Multimedia USB HUB Computer Keyboard". Mine is missing the multi-media knob, but I don't use any of those weird little extra keys anyway. It's nearly impossible to find good mechanical keyboards for free now. When this one goes, I will probably breakdown and pick up a backlit mechanical gaming keyboard. I am really spoiled by the old-style full "adding-machine style" keypad as well as the handy block of cursor control keys.

Logitech (350?? 3xx?? ) Optical Mouse
We picked up several Logitech wireless mice over a year ago at after-christmas sale. Some were 350 325 315, some had the USB adapter that allows pairing to a wireless keyboard, others did not. They work pretty reliably whether on an (ugh) PC, or Linux Machine. The problem with the software to do the pairing up between keyboard and mice is that it runs under windows.

I dread the day that my keyboard bites the dust. It is the only one I've had in years that compares to the Keytronics keyboard that I had years ago. I don't think the ones they have now compare..

The wireless keyboards we have are better than the laptop keys, but not as much true keyboard feel. Okay, I'm afraid that now I will be looking at $$$ for something that I'd be truly happy with.
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

Draiton wrote:Hy

Linux Mint 18.1 on a Panasonic CF-52 - working great

Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Mouse
no problems - Battery monitor with Solaar
I loved that keyboard, but one problem...I wore the letters right off it in no time flat. Get a Q-Tip and some Krylon Clear Acrylic used for photos, artwork etc and apply some to the keytops.

I have a backlit Logitech now, $79 but $49 at Staples, et al when on sale.

Laugh2
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Laugh2 »

I currently use the following mice/mouses on different machines:
  • Logitech M-BJ58 (wired mouse)
    Logitech M310t (wireless mouse)
    Logitech M185 (wireless mouse)
    Logitech M325 (wireless mouse)
    hp M-UAE96 (wired mouse)
In general Logitech mice/mouses work fine on Linux Mint EXCEPT they are generally far too sensitive so the settings "Acceleration" and "Sensitivity" always have to be set to their lowest possible values in "Mouse Preferences" - even then they are sometimes too fast. This has been written about in blogs over recent years but doesn't seem to have changed at all in recent version of Mint, unfortunately.

I've had good experiences with all the keyboards I've used with Linux Mint. Since I only use the special keys for volume/muting, I can't comment on others which may be present.
PJO3

Post by PJO3 »

I'm using a Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 v1.0

Works ok. (with Mint 18.1 Cinnamon)

And a Sandstrom SMBT14 mouse which is supposedly able to switch between Bluetooth and wireless; the former would free up a USB port on my laptop (Lenovo T440s) but so far I haven't succeeded in getting the mouse paired with BlueBerry (ok in wireless mode).
mike44njdevils

Post by mike44njdevils »

grundblom wrote:Linux Mint 18 Mate: working great

WASD V2 Keyboard
Razer Naga Mouse
What does working great mean? Are you able to get true functionality out of the side keypad and/or tilt wheel? I'm not.

Also, lets add Logitech M510 to "working as intended".
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

mike44njdevils wrote:
grundblom wrote:Linux Mint 18 Mate: working great

WASD V2 Keyboard
Razer Naga Mouse
What does working great mean? Are you able to get true functionality out of the side keypad and/or tilt wheel? I'm not.

Also, lets add Logitech M510 to "working as intended".

http://www.webupd8.org/2016/06/configur ... -with.html

CaptainKirksChair
Level 4
Level 4

Post by CaptainKirksChair »

Logitech K350 Wireless keyboard
Logitech M705 Wireless mouse

Plugged in the USB transmitter and everything works out of the box. Not all of the custom buttons work -- some do, some don't. But it does work.

Code: Select all

System:    Host: Linux-iMac Kernel: 4.8.0-53-generic x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 5.4.0)
           Desktop: Cinnamon 3.4.3 (Gtk 3.18.9-1ubuntu3.3) Distro: Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya
Machine:   System: Apple product: iMac9 1 v: 1.0
           Mobo: Apple model: Mac-F2218EA9 Bios: Apple v: IM91.88Z.008D.B08.0904271717 date: 04/27/09
CPU:       Dual core Intel Core2 Duo E8135 (-MCP-) cache: 6144 KB
           flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 ssse3 vmx) bmips: 10612
           clock speeds: max: 2660 MHz 1: 1862 MHz 2: 1596 MHz
Graphics:  Card: NVIDIA C79 [GeForce 9400] bus-ID: 03:00.0
           Display Server: X.Org 1.18.4 drivers: nouveau (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: 1680x1050@60.00hz
           GLX Renderer: NVAC GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 17.2.8 Direct Rendering: Yes
Audio:     Card NVIDIA MCP79 High Definition Audio driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 00:08.0
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k4.8.0-53-generic
Network:   Card-1: NVIDIA MCP79 Ethernet driver: forcedeth port: 21e0 bus-ID: 00:0a.0
           IF: enp0s10 state: down mac: <filter>
           Card-2: Broadcom BCM4322 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller driver: wl bus-ID: 04:00.0
           IF: wlp4s0 state: up mac: <filter>
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 320.1GB (35.7% used) ID-1: /dev/sda model: WDC_WD3200AAJS size: 320.1GB
Partition: ID-1: / size: 38G used: 6.5G (19%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda2
           ID-2: /home size: 239G used: 85G (38%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda6
           ID-3: swap-1 size: 17.83GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda7
RAID:      No RAID devices: /proc/mdstat, md_mod kernel module present
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 42.0C mobo: N/A gpu: 69.0
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: 1197
Info:      Processes: 201 Uptime: 1:46 Memory: 1229.8/7727.8MB Init: systemd runlevel: 5 Gcc sys: 5.4.0
           Client: Shell (bash 4.3.481) inxi: 2.2.35

Return to “Non-technical Questions”