Post your mouse and keyboard here.

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
MintyFreshOne
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Post your mouse and keyboard here.

Post by MintyFreshOne » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:49 pm

Logitech K 270 wireless keyboard, and mouse, on Dell, AMD dual 64bit powered desktop.
running LinuxMint17 Qiana.

JEB
Level 1
Level 1

Post by JEB » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:01 pm

Lenovo USB wired keyboard and mouse. The Lenovo IdeaCentre 300 computer imploded! :lol:
Kensington PocketMouse
Logitech M185 wireless mouse
Logitech MK320 wireless keyboard and mouse

With LM17.3 and LM18

Tomgin5
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Tomgin5 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:22 pm

Saitek Eclipse II keyboard (like the backlighting) and an old Compaq castrated rodent $3 from goodwill 6 years ago.
Both worked fine on everything I have used them on.

Schultz
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Schultz » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:38 pm

Mouse: Microsoft Comfort Mouse 3000 (I forgot my mouse was Microsoft until I came upon this thread.)
Keyboard: HP USB Multimedia model # NY419AA

Makersmarx
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Makersmarx » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:32 pm

Razer Anansi for my keyboard and the Razer DeathAdder for my mouse. Both work great, but I have been unable to utilize their software that changes the backlight colors and some cloud based settings etc.

grundblom
Level 1
Level 1

Post by grundblom » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:50 pm

Linux Mint 18 Mate: working great

WASD V2 Keyboard
Razer Naga Mouse
Logitech M705 Wireless Mouse
Thanks,
-Glen

FreedomTruth
Level 4
Level 4

Post by FreedomTruth » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:49 pm

Keyboard: Logitech G510 -- works except for the "G-keys" (macros) --- I had not very good luck with gnome15 / g15daemon and eventually just gave it up. Keys G1-G12 act as F1-F12 keys, and G13-G18 act as number 1-6 keys, and I don't see an easy way to fix that... Leaving it alone for now. Multimedia keys work. Have not tested headphone/microphone jack as I don't use them. At this point I wouldn't recommend this keyboard if you need those extra G-keys. I just mapped what I need to ctrl-G1, shift-G2, etc (which will also run with ctrl-F1, shift-F2).

Mouse: Logitech G600 -- works including the extra G-keys and wheel click left and right, with udev rule. Also mouse sensitivity/dpi buttons working.
If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free... Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin... Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:37 am

Logitech keyboards (different models, trying a lit one since I can't see the keys as well any more. Damm black keyboards!) and my venerable Logitech Trackman trackball with all buttons functioning.

And the code to make it work[50-marblemouse.conf]:

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "Marble Mouse"
MatchProduct "Logitech USB Trackball"
MatchIsPointer "on"
MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
Driver "evdev"
Option "ButtonMapping" "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9"
Option "EmulateWheel" "true"
Option "EmulateWheelButton" "8"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
Option "XAxisMapping" "6 7"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
Option "EmulateWheelTimeout" "100"
Option "EmulateWheelInertia" "True"
EndSection
I have travelled 35629424162.9 miles in my lifetime

One thing I would suggest, create a partition a ~28G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home.
When the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.

Tomgin5
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Tomgin5 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:14 pm

A whole gaggle of castrated rodents, mostly Microsoft. (1) Logitec Mx518, is my favorite mouse.
Desktop keyboard is a Saitek Eclipse II. I like the back lighting for night work.
Otherwise all are laptops:
Asus Eee PC 1001PX LM18 Cinnamon 64, Acer Aspire 4730Z LM17.3 Cinnamon 64, Toshiba Satellite U205 Windex XP/LM18 Cinnamon 64, (2) Toshiba Satellite L305 LM17.3 Cinnamon 64, Toshiba Satellite L505 LM17.3 Cinnamon 64, Vostro 1000 LM18 Cinnamon 64,
Old handbuilt pre SATA with Atom processor 2 gig ram LM 17.0 ver2 32 bit, Sony Vaio VGN-CS215J LM18 Cinnamon 64.
These are my current laptops with keyboards that include PRTSC/SYSRQ for the master reset REISUB combo for LM.

ndf
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ndf » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:34 am

Hello.

Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2014:
I'm brand new to linux and it has worked since fresh install 3-4 days ago.

Razer Death Adder Chroma:
Downloaded razercfg so I could change my DPI to 1000. Works for me.

amethyst_igor
Level 3
Level 3

Post by amethyst_igor » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:28 pm

Etekcity Scroll Endurance Vertical Gaming Mouse: Optical USB Wired, Adjustable DPI, 6 Buttons, Removable Palm Rest and Thumb Buttons. It has cost me many a chess game.

Compaq PS/2 keyboard.
I run both Windows 10 and Linux Mint 18 in dual boot with two SSDs and have other rigs running various versions of Linux. My blog.

AmericanPi
Level 3
Level 3

Post by AmericanPi » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:16 pm

Hey ya'll!

I use a Rii K12, keyboard-touchpad combo
Model: RT-MWK12+
Layout: US
--and--
I use a wireless mouse from 5Below
no model number but here's a link https://www.fivebelow.com/wireless-mouse.html

xfrank
Level 5
Level 5

Post by xfrank » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:22 pm

I have a spare Logitech (don't remember the model) and several Ackteck and Vorago, both Mexican brands, reliable and cheap (they cost generally 5 to 8 US dollars). All wired, USB. I like to have 3-4 spare keyboards, if one stop working. Mouses the same, Logitech, Acteck and Vorago. For the laptops I use cheap Chinese wireless mouses with AA batteries (I avoid AAA, they don't last long).

I have to say that I still use a Microsoft mouse in my office. It's probably 5 years old and still very good. I hate to say this, but MS is not always the evil. :)
Linux everywhere. Active Distros in my many computers: LM17.3 (Cinnamon, Xfce); LM18.1 (Cinnamon,Xfce); LMDE 2 (Mate), MXLinux (Xfce), Debian 9 (Xfce).

GlennJohnson
Level 1
Level 1

Post by GlennJohnson » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:37 am

Logitech K330 wireless Keyboard / Mouse combo.
Glenn
The Bassinator
© ®

Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:04 pm

xfrank wrote:I have a spare Logitech (don't remember the model) and several Ackteck and Vorago, both Mexican brands, reliable and cheap (they cost generally 5 to 8 US dollars). All wired, USB. I like to have 3-4 spare keyboards, if one stop working. Mouses the same, Logitech, Acteck and Vorago. For the laptops I use cheap Chinese wireless mouses with AA batteries (I avoid AAA, they don't last long).

I have to say that I still use a Microsoft mouse in my office. It's probably 5 years old and still very good. I hate to say this, but MS is not always the evil. :)

Indeed. I still have a MS mouse (one of the original "wheel" mice) that still works quite well after 20 years...if I can find a PS/2 mouse port! ;)

One thing I would suggest, create a partition a ~28G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home.
When the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.

Tomgin5
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Tomgin5 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:22 pm

I have several USB to PS1 and PS2 adaptersI picked up for 25 cents. That is less than postage.

Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:45 pm

Tomgin5 wrote:I have several USB to PS1 and PS2 adaptersI picked up for 25 cents. That is less than postage.

I tried that with an old keyboard but it was having issues. I have a bunch of black keyboards but can't see the keys as well any more, and tried a white keyboard because it's easier to see. But it didn't work well. I make enough typing errors on my own...;)

Draiton
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Draiton » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:07 pm

Hy

Linux Mint 18.1 on a Panasonic CF-52 - working great

Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Mouse
no problems - Battery monitor with Solaar

TheNerds
Level 1
Level 1

Post by TheNerds » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:59 pm

My favorite keyboard was salvaged along with a "high-end" dell laptop that somone was selling when they moved about 5 years ago . Not one of those rinky-dink disposable keyboards coming with most systems nowadays.

Dell (USB) Keyboard (model SK-8135)
I've seen similar one for sale online: "0DJ425 Dell Multimedia USB HUB Computer Keyboard". Mine is missing the multi-media knob, but I don't use any of those weird little extra keys anyway. It's nearly impossible to find good mechanical keyboards for free now. When this one goes, I will probably breakdown and pick up a backlit mechanical gaming keyboard. I am really spoiled by the old-style full "adding-machine style" keypad as well as the handy block of cursor control keys.

Logitech (350?? 3xx?? ) Optical Mouse
We picked up several Logitech wireless mice over a year ago at after-christmas sale. Some were 350 325 315, some had the USB adapter that allows pairing to a wireless keyboard, others did not. They work pretty reliably whether on an (ugh) PC, or Linux Machine. The problem with the software to do the pairing up between keyboard and mice is that it runs under windows.

I dread the day that my keyboard bites the dust. It is the only one I've had in years that compares to the Keytronics keyboard that I had years ago. I don't think the ones they have now compare..

The wireless keyboards we have are better than the laptop keys, but not as much true keyboard feel. Okay, I'm afraid that now I will be looking at $$$ for something that I'd be truly happy with.

Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:07 pm

Draiton wrote:Hy

Linux Mint 18.1 on a Panasonic CF-52 - working great

Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Mouse
no problems - Battery monitor with Solaar
I loved that keyboard, but one problem...I wore the letters right off it in no time flat. Get a Q-Tip and some Krylon Clear Acrylic used for photos, artwork etc and apply some to the keytops.

I have a backlit Logitech now, $79 but $49 at Staples, et al when on sale.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”