Min 17.3 KDE end of life date?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
seasoned_geek

Min 17.3 KDE end of life date?

Post by seasoned_geek »

I thought there was a chart somewhere on line showing end of life dates for the various Mint releases, but cannot find it. Can someone provide the link? Mint 18 KDE lock screen has a fatal bug which makes Mint 18 KDE unusable. Bug was reported but appears to not be viewed as critical. I'm trying to make the decision between living with Mint 17.3 KDE and just moving to a completely different KDE based distro.

Thanks,
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Min 17.3 KDE end of life date?

Post by Cosmo. »

Mint 17.3 is supported until spring 2019, that is about 2 1/2 years.
JEB

Post by JEB »

The answer is not so straight forward. Depends on the kernel version.

Here is a link you might like.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnabl ... e_Schedule

Hope this helps.

JEB
seasoned_geek

Post by seasoned_geek »

Thanks everyone!

I'll keep the updates applied so not to worried about kernel version. I don't have anything tied to it that I know of. This lock screen bug on my laptop is killer. I see quite a few others complaining about it as well. Really really hate the Unity desktop. Can't say Cinammin (sp?) or MATE have any saving graces either. Work clients tend to force Unity on me but it is nasty. I guess I have just always liked KDE, once you uninstall that perpetually unusable KMail and replace it with Thunderbird and uninstall that wretched Calligra to be replaced by LibreOffice, KDE is pretty great. KATE and KWrite are awesome. Dolphin is wonderful. It makes me happy.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”